Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD randomly on bootup only with different reasons each time..

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Anderson2005

Anderson2005

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:24 PM

Hello all, so I bought a motherboard bundle which included 16gb ram and processor along with the motherboard naturally.

Since day, I have had BSOD's on occasion when starting the system up. Once the system eventually makes it to windows desktop, i can restart, shutdown, as many times as i like, but once i leave the system off for a prolonged period of time, for example, over night. The system is almost 100% going to BSOD at least once when i boot it up. 

Almost every BSOD contains a new reason as to why the system BSOD. Initially I suspected faulty OS install as surely all these different files must mean something deeper is at fault here... SO , I completely formatted the drive, installed the OS again and booted it up. Everything was fine on first bootup...and so on, however, next day. BSOD again.

I then began testing hardware, I removed 1 stick of ram, the system for lack of a better description, went nuts. The BIOS text would "peal" down the page as a pose to "pop" instantly up. The system failed to make it to even loading WIndows OS splash screen. After several restarts, it eventually got to the desktop but was an insanely slow speed. AT LAST, I think i found the issue.... I remove the stick remaining in the system , and add back the old stick that I originally removed.

System performance back to great, everything boots up, BIOs text pops up instantly as usual and zero issues. Unfortunately, this was short lived as the very next day, yet another BSOD with a new message I have never seen before.

It is worth noting that I have NEVER suffered a BSOD at any other stage except when starting the system up from a complete shutdown and these BSODs only appear to happen after the system has been offline for sometime at least a few hours.

I have attached all of the BSOD outputs from WhoCrashed Basic that have occured since the fresh OS install.

I can also confirm the following things:

1) I have not installed ANY third party drivers other than my GPU drivers. All default windows 10 drivers are used in the system.

2) By default, the system in Device Manager, shows 3 items that it cannot locate the drivers for. "PCI Device", "PCI Simple Communications Controller" and lastly "SM Bus Controller". As a matter of testing, it was suggested to try and disable the devices that the drivers cannot be found for, so I did, I know that one of these belongs to my SD Card Reader, which will never use. I dont know about the others.

3) The HDDs are 100% fine, I have used the HDDs on my last 2 systems, and never had any issues.

I hope you can advise, if you require any further info, i'd gladly provide it, thanks again.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:51 PM

BC BSODs Posting Instructions - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/ , please provide the file requested in your next post to this topic.

Louis

#3 Anderson2005

Anderson2005
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:43 PM

Sorry, i have attahed the requested files I hope? :D

Attached Files

#4 Anderson2005

Anderson2005
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2018 - 06:21 PM

Hello? =\

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,393 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:44 PM

Thanks...please be patient...all BC members are volunteers and none are available 24/7, 365 days a year :).

Louis

#6 Anderson2005

Anderson2005
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2018 - 04:43 PM

Hello could you please delete this post/the files attached to it

#7 dmccoy

dmccoy

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,195 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2018 - 04:18 PM

Is this solved?

We are all volunteers so please by kind, courteous and respectful

I try to respond in 24-48 hours normally and I am more active on weekdays than weekends. However, sometimes due to my health, family or life it may take me a little longer. If you have not heard from me within 72 hours then please PM me a reminder. 

BC BSOD Posting Instructions 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users