Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows store download/update errors

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Miguel_92

Miguel_92

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:21 PM

I downloaded the Skype app a few months ago, but then it randomly stopped working and when i checked the Windows store it refused to install any apps or update them and the error number "Code: 0x80073D0A" when nothing will download or update. I've reset the store via command prompt but to no avail and i've not modified the store etc in any way, but i am using the latest build of windows 10 Version 1803 and build 17134.112. I'm also not sure if it's linked to another issue i have on Skype which entails me being able to see/hear people but Skype cannot access my sound card apparently so my mic/cam do not work via the desktop classic version. All drivers on my Logitech C270 cam and H600 headset are up to date also. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dmccoy

dmccoy

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,195 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:37 PM

The best way I found to fix this issue is to perform a repair install of Winsows 10 as follows:

Windows 10 Repair Install
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install-winpc/how-to-perform-a-repair-upgrade-using-the-windows/35160fbe-9352-4e70-9887-f40096ec3085?auth=1

We are all volunteers so please by kind, courteous and respectful

I try to respond in 24-48 hours normally and I am more active on weekdays than weekends. However, sometimes due to my health, family or life it may take me a little longer. If you have not heard from me within 72 hours then please PM me a reminder. 

BC BSOD Posting Instructions 

#3 Miguel_92

Miguel_92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:21 PM

The best way I found to fix this issue is to perform a repair install of Winsows 10 as follows:

Windows 10 Repair Install
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install-winpc/how-to-perform-a-repair-upgrade-using-the-windows/35160fbe-9352-4e70-9887-f40096ec3085?auth=1

I managed to find a fix with turning the windows firewall on lol, but i have zero clue as to how that's even related to the store. I still need help with my Skype issue though and thanks for the advice :D

#4 dmccoy

dmccoy

• 1,195 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:30 PM

That is strange. Try the repair install for the Skype issues. It won’t affect your current install

I try to respond in 24-48 hours normally and I am more active on weekdays than weekends. However, sometimes due to my health, family or life it may take me a little longer. If you have not heard from me within 72 hours then please PM me a reminder. 

#5 Miguel_92

Miguel_92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:10 PM

Removed it all, then i removed my webcam/headset to no avail. I have zero idea what the issue is, because my webcam hardly gets used and neither does my headset which i still put back in the box lol.

#6 dmccoy

dmccoy

• 1,195 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:22 PM

Do you have the app permission set to allow your mic and camera on Skype?

#7 Miguel_92

Miguel_92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:29 PM

Problem was because of windows privacy settings, which i thought only affected apps you downloaded from the Windows store which is not the case so now it's fixed lol :D. Finally working again after all the aggravation that comes with changing the settings lol.

#8 dmccoy

dmccoy

• 1,195 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:33 PM

Good to hear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users