Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

galaxy S8 and Ad Choices

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 chugg

chugg

• Members
  • 627 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:03 AM

Ad Choices is almost everywhere I go on my phone and is progressively gettig worse.  I have removed most of the new programs I installed and still no luck.  I have spent hours on the phone with Verizon and still no luck. I ran malwarebytes and still no luck.   Anyone have any suggestions?  It would be greatly appreciated. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,870 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:51 AM

See:   https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ad+choices+removal+android

Several of the responses come from members of the "top shelf" Android-related forums, and appear to have been updated within the last year.

It's good that you came here, but with regard to "deep under the hood" Android issues you'll likely find what you're looking for at androidforums.com or xda-developers.com.  This thread, https://androidforums.com/threads/how-to-get-rid-of-adchoices.894258/, might prove helpful.

It is difficult to advise when you do not identify what steps you have already taken that did not work.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

#3 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 627 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:09 PM

Thank you Britech for the link.  Most of the fixes on the link you provided are for a PC and not an android and I was unable to find a solution there.  I did mention on the original post the things Ive tried.  Ive tried Malwarebytes and removing newly installed apps.  Verizons only solution was to wipe out my phone and start over whcih I do not want to do.  With that said, I saw that you used a browser called duckduckgo.  Ive never heard of it but checked into it and started using it.   So far it works great. Thank you for that. UPDATE: I called Samsung and they told me to remove my google play services update from my phone.  I did so and the problem is gone.  I hope this helps users of this forum in the future. 

Edited by chugg, 19 June 2018 - 02:01 PM.

#4 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 627 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2018 - 12:27 AM

Unfortunately, I thought this got rid of ad choices but it didnt.  Its still all over the place when I go online.  

#5 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 627 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:10 AM

Dos anyone else have any experience and recomendation for ad Choices?  It is on my computer and phone but the phone is worse. 

Edited by chugg, 27 June 2018 - 10:10 AM.

#6 britechguy

britechguy

• 9,870 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2018 - 12:05 PM

Dos anyone else have any experience and recomendation for ad Choices?  It is on my computer and phone but the phone is worse. 

Have you even bothered to look at the material I gave you the link to?   Ad choices, and various methods for removal, are discussed almost endlessly on Android-centric forums.  Look at them.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

#7 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 627 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 11:54 PM

Britechguy yes I did spend alot of time looking at the 2 links your provided.  It did help me learn what ad choices is. It seems that there is possbily a setting in Chrome that is allowing adchoices to show me so many ads.  However, alot of that info is out dated and the steps and processes are out dated as well so it doesnt help me.  I am still looking for a fix. 

#8 britechguy

britechguy

• 9,870 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2018 - 07:57 AM

You're in the same boat most of us are when it comes to the change of pace in just how certain things are implemented, particularly how easy they are to find and tweak, as Android marches along.

Your best bet is going to be carefully targeted web searches for your specific version of Android, version of Ad Choices, and the device you're using.

If you finally find the solution you're seeking be kind and post that information here and anywhere else you think it might assist the next person in your shoes.

~ Mark Twain

#9 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 627 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2018 - 11:02 AM

Thank you Britechguy,

Ive been a member of this forum for a long time and always post my solutions when I find them and will do so with this situation.  I really appreciate your help.  Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users