Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer shuts off after startup/running for some time

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 NautixStudio

NautixStudio

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:45 AM

Need urgent help!!

So i finally built my first custom hard tubed water cooled system. Had it successfully running 2-3 months. Then all of a sudden it started just turning of. Then I rebooted it and kept playing and it happened again and again and again and every time it happened faster now it just shuts off after some minutes or even seconds.

So Im terrified right this is a very expensive system.
1-2 intel generations back.
But I started seeking for the fault. Ive tried 2 psus. Will try with a third one soon. I tried the memory one by one, 2 by 2.
I ran it with/without sli. I ran it with each gpu alone. I then finally tried everything and completely removed gpus and the ram. Still happens.

Panic ordered a new motherboard since I only found one that shipped to Sweden... tried with that. Still the same. And on each of these steps I tried both psus. I also sent away my cpu to whom I bought it from and got it tested and it works without fault.

I have tried everything that I can think of.

2 Psus
2 same motherboards
1 by 1 of my 8 ram sticks
2 by 2 of my 8 ram sticks
Ram channel by channel
With each gpu solo or in sli
Reset cmos
Updated bios
Tried it all outside the case on a non conductive safe surface (motherboard box)
Its definitely not a software issue since I removed all the hard drives

Each time it dies it reboots right after like if you get a power loss

Please help me! Is there something Im missing? I suspect it might not be the motherboard so I need to resolve it so I can return my brand new replacement motherboard for 700$....

Specs
CPU: Intel I7 6900K
RAM: Corsair 32GB 2660 MHz
Mobo: Asus ROG Rampage Edition 10
PSU: Corsair AX1500I, older silver stone 500w, will be trying a xfx 850w gold. (My system while idling dont draw more that 300-400w

Gpu1: GTX 1080Ti Fe
Gpu2: GTX 1080Ti Fe

Ssd:s 2x 250Gb Samsung 1x 120Gb Samsung

Win 10

I have had zero water on any and all components nor do I think any off it is damaged by static electricity.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,393 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 19 June 2018 - 06:33 AM

run speccy and check the temp of your CPU, it sounds like it could be an overheating issue

#3 NautixStudio

NautixStudio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 06:41 AM

Mikey11 As stated in topic im quite experienced and i have checked all the simple stuff like temps and what not. Need to see if there is something i have overlooked. The strange part is bot motherboards, One brand new. Acts the same way. Ive swapped psu. Will try a third today. And my CPU game back from its check as a okey :S

#4 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,393 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:11 AM

so what is the temp of the CPU?

Edited by hamluis, 26 June 2018 - 09:45 AM.

#5 NautixStudio

NautixStudio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:14 AM

I dont want to sound rude but you are wastkng my time mate. Wait for someone else to help me or help me Find something on Google. Everyone else that has had a similar problem their cause was the psu, ram or motherboard :/ CPU temp is as cool as ever never reaching over 40. On my aircooler. When it was in the build with the mononblock it never reached above 50

#6 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,393 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:24 AM

have you tested the temp RECENTLY though?

you have apparently already ruled out the ram and motherboard.....you replaced them didnt you?....have you tested the PSU?

Edited by hamluis, 26 June 2018 - 09:46 AM.

#7 NautixStudio

NautixStudio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:32 AM

I just have to ask, did you read all that i wrote in the post?
It says ive tried 2 psus, Will test them both on another system today. And try my system with a third One. Also yes i have two identical motherboards which One of is completely new.
CPU has been checked and iv run the system without gpus and ram memory and the problem persist. So its either CPU, motherboard or PSU. Which is so fuking strange. :/
First i thought it was the psu (original psu) temp that sent to high but it wasnt. And since i atleast i get the Reading in bios that the CPU temp is 34 ish celsius, plus the ones testning it had no temp issue. And since i get the same problem on two motherboards it cant have anything to do with a temp on the motherboard gettimg to high either :/

Kinda feel like it has to be the psu or my bleep 10,000$ PC is bleepen shot to bleep....

#8 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,393 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:37 AM

And since i get the same problem on two motherboards it cant have anything to do with a temp on the motherboard gettimg to high either

oh sure it can....

your cooler may not be seated properly on the chip, the chip may not be seated properly, you might have used too much thermal paste, or too little etc etc

seen all of the above many times,

your issue still sounds like overheating to me.

Edited by hamluis, 26 June 2018 - 09:48 AM.

#9 NautixStudio

NautixStudio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:37 AM

Wow you dont have to be rude... i am very experienced since ive litterally tried everything. Check this

CPU: sent away for testning came back okey!
Motherboard: tried with a completely new one. Same problem
Ram: tried each stick 1 by 1, 2 by 2 and without
Gpu: tried sli and 1 by 1 no change. And problem persists even without gpus
Temps: all temps are well inside okey value
No short circuit
PSU: tried 2 soon 3

Please tell me again this is a simple problem?

I came here asking for help serious help from people who read the post carefully not some rude dude that asks about something I wrote I checked and it was okey Im the post.

But its not? And well I absolutely feel you it seems and feels like a overheating issue but the ones that tested my cpu had it stress tested for 30 minutes and it was okey. And I apply my thermal paste exactly like one should. So it cant be overheating unless the ones that stress tested it ran it on LN2 and my temp sensor in the cpu it broken :(

Edited by hamluis, 26 June 2018 - 09:49 AM.

#10 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,393 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:41 AM

download and run speccy right now (if you can)

it only takes two minutes

see what the current temp is

Edited by hamluis, 26 June 2018 - 09:50 AM.

#11 NautixStudio

NautixStudio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:44 AM

You obviously dont read the post, why dont you read the post before you help someone? I had the system outside the case everything plugged in and got it running. Only get to login then it dies, sometimes before. So thats impossible. I do manage to get into bios and as Ive said now 2-3 times my cpu temp is between 30-40. Pls dont answer with anything more about my cpu temp.

#12 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,393 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:45 AM

you have replaced every part in the machine that could cause the issue that your describing.....so it must be something that YOU YOURSELF are doing wrong, and the most logical problem would be the mounting of the CPU cooler, or the cooler itself.....have you replaced the CPU cooler???

#13 NautixStudio

NautixStudio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:57 AM

When the problem itself occurred I had the monoblock on and that was correctly mounted since I got temps like 40c gaming on 2560x1440. And on the air cooler I used when I had it outside the system was also correctly mounted so yes its not that... its a crazy weird problem... thats why I need proper help. As I said Im quite experienced and Ive tried all the obvious simple solutions without success so if you can help me on a deeper level instead of wasting my time (dont mean to be rude) that would be very very appreciated!

I will check my cooler mounting again ofc when I get home
In 1 hour. And I will check the cpu temp carefully. Ill also check my windows event viewer from when the problem occurred. And I will try with 3 psus and test all 3 psus in another system. And with 2 sets of cables for my main PSU so there isnt a problem with the cables.
I will try all this with my 2 motherboards and after all that and it still wont work I need some serious engineer help.

Because then I can completely rule out the PSU. And the motherboard. Ill just have to order a new cpu and try... cuz I need to know ASAP if its the motherboard because if its not I need to return it..

Also I have tried this with and without a UPS backup for as smooth voltage into the PSU as possible. I understand you think this is a simple problem but as I now have said 3-4 times Ive tried all the obvious easy solutions without success.

#14 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,393 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:03 AM

Ill just have to order a new cpu and try

a bad/faulty CPU itself would not cause the issue you describe,

Edited by mikey11, 19 June 2018 - 08:05 AM.

#15 NautixStudio

NautixStudio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:10 AM

Yes thats exactly what Ive found on google aswell. Could not find that a bad cpu would be causing this. So that why I have now copied this thread on 3 forums because its a weird and strange problem on a very expensive computer that I need fixed ASAP :/ Maybe its as bad as a glitch/fault in that exact motherboard with that exact intel cpu that causes something? Or I just have tried the system with 2 bad PSU:s/cables. Might it have something to do with something corrupting the cpu and then the motherboards or is that not possible. Just asking Im desperate haha I guess thats not possible but trying to think outside the box :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users