Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD several times with the same CPU

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rub900

rub900

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:34 PM

I have changed memory, mother board and hard drive. The only thing the same is my CPU. I still get BSOD even with everything new. I think my CPU is bad but I am trying to figure it out. Attached is all the info the main page asked me to post. If you can help me that would be great!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 axe0

axe0

• Malware Study Hall Junior
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 21 June 2018 - 04:44 AM

Please answer the questions in https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Kind regards,
Axe0

#3 dmccoy

dmccoy

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,053 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:00 PM

The MEMORY_MANAGEMENT bug check has a value of 0x0000001A. This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred. Also 7F bug checks. More indication of hardware issues. Start by perform the following memory test.

Run memtest86+ version 5.01 for at least 8 passes. 

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
This may take hours so plan to run it overnight.

Testing takes approximately 1 - 2 hours /GB RAM
Just 1 error is a fail and you can abort testing
Then test 1 RAM module at a time in the same DIMM each for 8 or more passes
When Memtest86+ has completed 8 or more passes post an image to your reply

MemTest86+ - Test RAM BSOD Tutorials

MemTest86 isn't the only memory test.  There's actually lot's of others out there.
I also suggest Prime95's Blend test - as it will find memory errors that MemTest86+ may not

We are all volunteers so please by kind, courteous and respectful of all staff and members

I try to respond in 24-48 hours normally and I am more active on weekdays than weekends. However, sometimes due to my health, family or life it may take me a little longer. If you have not heard from me within 72 hours then please PM me a reminder. 

BC BSOD Posting Instructions 

#4 rub900

rub900
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2018 - 09:11 PM

I found the issue. I opened a ticket with Gigabyte and did several things. I pulled everything out of the case and booted with one stick of memory, using just the graphics internal to the CPU. Still got BOSD. Finally a friend at work suggested I turn off turbo mode. Sure enough that worked. The computer is completely stable. The tech at Gigabyte thinks I have a bad CPU. I would agree. I am opening a ticket with Intel and see if I either RMA my CPU with the vendor who sold it to me, or Intel. Thanks for responding to the tread.   

#5 dmccoy

dmccoy

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,053 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2018 - 09:51 PM

Yeah that’s a good way to troubleshoot if needed. I am glad to hear that you most likely resolved your issues. Your welcome. Good luck and let us know if you need anything else.

We are all volunteers so please by kind, courteous and respectful of all staff and members

I try to respond in 24-48 hours normally and I am more active on weekdays than weekends. However, sometimes due to my health, family or life it may take me a little longer. If you have not heard from me within 72 hours then please PM me a reminder. 

BC BSOD Posting Instructions 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users