Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to Start Core Temp as User

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gooly

Gooly

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:50 AM

Hi,

On Win 10 I installe Core Temp (1.12.1). It works perfectly, but it requests upon every start the pássword of the admin.

Is there a way to start CoreTemp (and other apps requireing admin-rights).

1. Is there a way to start Core Temp (and other Appy that require ASdmin.-rights) via a normal shortcut on the desktop or the taskbar without entering the admin. Password?

2. Under Win 7 I could start as user the Explorer (right mouse-click) as admin (with password input) - is that also possible  in Win 10 - I could not find out how that might work. :(

Gooly

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,800 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 18 June 2018 - 04:30 AM

I use Core Temp all the time and I just open it up and it has NEVER asked me for any admin password. You might have some permission issue on your system. Do other apps ask for an admin password?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 Gooly

Gooly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:19 AM

Well I have to install it as admin on Win 10 like most of the programms.

But for example 7-Zip I installed it the same way but can be used by everyone.

Some other programs like Everything behave the same way like Core Temp?

#4 iNemesisX1

iNemesisX1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:22 AM

I don't know how limited your account is, but I managed to get Core Temp running in my regular Win Pro install.

#5 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,096 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 02 July 2018 - 03:15 PM

https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/stop-windows-10-from-asking-for-admin-rights-to-run-unknown-apps/

Can't you just set it to Run on Startup as I do on most of my machines, or is this what you are doing and still getting this message?

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users