Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I setup a Home Network with the latest Windows 10 Update?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 478 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 17 June 2018 - 11:00 PM

Hi,

I've tried this setup as shown on many YouTube videos with no avail? It works once and then when I restart ether or both computers it never works again, no matter what I do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecoliBpLcDI 

So, how can I get a permanent fix for this? Is there a best software to purchase or a free program that will get this to work on a permanent bases?

I would prefer just using what is in Windows 10 but Microsoft makes some of this stuff impossible, why?

I work on other peoples computers and it would really make everything so much easier if I could just copy and paste certain programs through a network connection.

So, is there a way to get a Home Network to finally really work always?

Thanks for any advice,

John

John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Johnz414

Johnz414
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 478 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 17 June 2018 - 11:36 PM

Found a solution for now here in the Pinned comments by the YouTube Channel owner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNeo7O6ImAo&t=568s

6:38 Click 'Add' after selecting 'Everyone' P.S. Some people report that the Networked Folders are not showing. Only the Windows Media Share. If this happens to you, go to Services. Search for Services in Cortana search box to get there and start the following Services: • DNS Client. • Function Discovery Resource Publication. • SSDP Discovery. • UPnP Device Host. Set them to start Automatically for good measure.

I followed the instructions for editing in Services and it seems to be working for now.

I let you know if it still is after shutting down the computer for the night and starting it in the morning. Knock on wood it will still be there.

John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users