Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC has random lag spikes and freezes, but the mouse still moves

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jahkae

Jahkae

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 17 June 2018 - 07:46 PM

Just recently my PC (seems to occur most often while in games, especially Fortnite) has started to randomly freeze. I won't be able to click on anything, but the mouse cursor still moves, and if I am in a voice chat program, my buddies can still hear me, and I can hear them. Alt+F4, Ctrl+Alt+Del, and any other process stopping macro does not work. I end up having to push and hold the case power button to get my PC working after this happens. At first this started seemingly after the last big Windows Update when I would play Rocket League for a while, but after I moved the install files for the game off my boot drive and onto a secondary drive, the freezes have not happened while playing that game. It gets weird though. When I am playing Fortnite, a game that is also not on my boot drive, these freezes occur. I am at a loss for what the issue could be and am open to try just about everything to get my PC fully working again. Thanks!

Specs:

CPU: i7-5820K

Graphics Card: Asus STRIX GTX 970

MOBO: Asus X99-A

Boot Drive: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5"

PSU: Antec HCG 620W

Edited by hamluis, 19 June 2018 - 09:43 AM.
Moved from Crashes/BSODs to W10 Spt - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users