Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is it a Virus? Running Windows 10

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 wdauthor

wdauthor

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 17 June 2018 - 07:31 PM

Had a weird version of MSN show up on my machine last week. Have several apps that are working differently from what I'm used to. And my MS web browser does not work correctly at all. Not sure if it's a virus or if I've stumbled up on something.

Any assistance is appreciated.

I have attached a HijackThis Log to start this process. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mason21

Mason21

• Members
  • 423 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:40 AM

Please download Process Explorer. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

check the boxes under "options"  "verify image signatures" under virus total.com, check "check virus total.com" and "submit unknown executables" if anything in the new Virus total columns reads as Red then you might have malware/ or a virus.

Edited by Mason21, 18 June 2018 - 09:42 AM.

#3 Mason21

Mason21

• Members
  • 423 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:50 AM

Also, check your "add-ons" / "extensions" in your web browser and make sure there are no extensions you didn't put in. Have you cleared your browser cache? 

Edited by Mason21, 18 June 2018 - 10:10 AM.

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:08 AM

Since you suspect that you may have picked up some malware the best thing for you to do is to start a new topic in the virus and malware removal section -

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-assistance/

Read the notes at the head of that section and describe your problem as fully as you can. It will  also help if you give the make and model of your computer and what OS you are using.

On the assumption that you will start this new topic I am going to close this one to avoid confusion. If you have any questions regarding this decision please send me a PM.

Chris Cosgrove

PS :-  If you have never sent a PM and want to, click on my avatar, this will take you to my profile page and in the top right you will see a button 'Send me a message'. Click on this, enter a title of some sort then right your message and finally click 'Post'. Job done.

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 19 June 2018 - 11:20 AM.
Add PS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users