Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Setup Fails

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mamerala

mamerala

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 17 June 2018 - 04:46 PM

jZpXR5O.jpg

fOjfNHc.jpg

As in screenshots, i'm running on windows 7, i tried to check videos and i currently did uninstalling, clearing temp files, restarted then tried to reinstall.

no issues were found after trouble shooting updates.

what else should i try? i didnt want to try complicated steps as i prefer clear step by step details so i wont mess things.

Edited by mamerala, 17 June 2018 - 05:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mamerala

mamerala
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 06:28 PM

does service pack 1 does do a difference in installing? maybe thats why i cannot install

is there problem in installing service pack or something that may happen if i installed?

#3 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 497 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:09 PM

Hi mamerala

does service pack 1 does do a difference in installing? maybe thats why i cannot install
is there problem in installing service pack or something that may happen if i installed?

If you are referring to Service Pack 1 for Windows 7, Yes it is a requirement to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) - 14.0.23026.

SP1 (windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe) is available from: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5842

Install Service Pack 1 first, then... It is also recommended to install the Convenience Rollup (April 2016) Update for Windows 7 (KB3125574) available from...

(Choose the 1st. download on the list 316.0 MB
This update replaces 119 updates. For a list of updates covered follow: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/ScopedViewInline.aspx?updateid=7ed4c8c3-0f06-4227-99e3-e9f143394687 and click Package Details.

I sincerely hope this resolves your issue, and you are able to successfully install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) - 14.0.23026.

Old Rocker

#4 mamerala

mamerala
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:45 AM

ok last question before i start downloading them, how much space do i need? i barely have 7 GB free on C and i believe it must be on C for sure not on secondary hard disk drive, i can try to free up some space but i need to know around how much.

also someone suggested on the game forum to just use  Driver Booster.exe https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php?
is it enough to use or should i proceed to downloading service pack 1?

i prefer easiest option as i dont want to go through complicated steps and mess things just in case, but i see that many say its better to use windows updates site itself rather than 3rd party driver booster programs

#5 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 497 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 01:21 PM

Really there are no easiest options. I am not saying that to be a wise-guy, it's the truth.

You need between 4GB. and 10GB depending on the version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) - 14.0.23026 you are wanting to install. Please refer here... https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/productinfo/vs2015-sysrequirements-vs

Please do not confuse (Windows 7) Operating System Updates and (Windows 7) Device Driver Updates.
The IObit Driver Booster will not help you in any way as far as (Windows 7) Operating System Updates go.

Before we go too far, in your 1st. post you show Setup Failure screens from a 32bit. version and a 64bit version. Please make sure that your computer supports 64bit. software.

It is recommended and less headaches to install programs on the same drive as (Windows 7) Operating System (in your case Drive C:\)

Another point to consider is (Windows 7) Operating System requires free space to correctly run. I think everyone refers to 15% of hard drive capacity.
For example... If your hard drive capacity is 1 terabyte using a 15% recommended free space means that your system would need 150 Gigabytes of free space. That may seem a bit of overkill but it is a recommendation.

It looks like you have a bit of work ahead of you before downloading and installing anything. A recommendation would be to store your Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos on a seperate drive or partition.

Should you decide to follow, once you have your Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos removed from C:\ drive, run Disk Cleanup and see if you have enough space to install Windows 7 SP1 (windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe) and the Convenience Rollup (April 2016) Update for Windows 7 (KB3125574) and Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) - 14.0.23026. In that order.

Old Rocker

#6 mamerala

mamerala
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:59 PM

i'm working on downloading updates now as you've told me

86 should work for me as im running on 32 bit i just clicked 64 as try but i knew it wouldnt work.

i have 5 GB free out of 48 GB in the meantime after the SP1 download, i tried to download other programs and games on secondary hard disk but still some files of those programs ended up on C so i guess i cant move or programs may not work.
i did run clean up first 

all is going well now just last two updates you recommended are left to download but visual c++ downloaded successfully and i still have 5 GB free out of 48

#7 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 497 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:33 AM

Hi mamerala!

Glad to hear all is going well.

Could you please paste a Disk Managment Screenshot, in your next post?

Here is a sample path... Control Panel > View by: Large icons >Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management

Thank you, this will be most helpful!

Old Rocker

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users