Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Scheduler Internal Error BSOD while playing 3D games

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JJosh

JJosh

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 17 June 2018 - 03:40 PM

For a while, when playing 3D games, I've been getting a screen of red boxes and green lines that outline 3D-elements and GUI elements. A Video Scheduler Internal Error BSOD showed up after all of them. I looked online for help, tried reinstalling my nvidia drivers, and found something that helped a little bit. I removed overclocks from both my Ryzen 3 1200 and my GTX 1050 ti. Now, when the screen errors out, either my game closes, or it just takes a while for it to recover. No more BSODs. I'm lost with this now because it still happens, just with no BSOD. I couldn't find a single picture online that even matches what mine looks like. What is wrong? I really DON'T want my PC to die after 6 months..

Pictures and Videos

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JJosh

JJosh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:42 PM

Last night I cleaned my PC, and I found out the stock Ryzen cooler's thermal paste had run over the side of the CPU.. It got to where the heat spreader met the green part of the CPU, but not to the motherboard or any pins. Couldn't clean it all off but got most of it. Would this have even a little to do with this?

I've also had my first full Windows crash since removing the overclocks - DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION caused by Nvidia drivers. I got this from WhoCrashed, I didn't get a BSOD.

#3 JJosh

JJosh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 09:53 PM

Hey, It's me.. The guy still looking for help..  :smash: 

I've added a minidump file to the original "Pictures and videos" link.

Also, from WhoCrashed:

On Wed 6/20/2018 9:41:50 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0x116593)
Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0x5, 0xFFFFCF8970AB8000, 0xFFFFCF8971DE5010, 0x6B9161)
Error: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d37ca5c2cde53609\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 388.71
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 388.71
Bug check description: This indicates that the video scheduler has detected a fatal violation.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 388.71 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

#4 dmccoyks

dmccoyks

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 820 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2018 - 07:43 PM

Please follow BSOD posting instructions for best help

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users