Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

printfilterpipelinesvc.exe

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 chembel

chembel

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:10 PM

I have an HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fn that I can scan with and I can see it but I can not print to it. I can hook up to it through my Browser and the status shows as Ready. It is hooked up via my network so it has an IP address. 

When I go to print the text page it errors out. When I go to clear the print spooler there is always one .tmp file that won't delete because it says "the file is open in printfilterpipelinesvc.exe" I can't find that service anywhere in the Computer Management Services or in the Task Manager Services. I can't delete the file until I actually Disable the Print Spool service. Then I can delete the file. I have tried to go into the Printer Properties, on the Advanced Tab, and then in the Print Processor page and tried all of the Print Processors listed. None of them worked. Initially it was set to winprint with the Default data type set to RAW. I left the Default data type setting alone.

I don't know what to try anymore. I feel like maybe I should be able to delete the "printfilterpipelinesvc.exe" file but I don't know where to find it. I am also afraid of wrecking something else. My other printers are working fine.

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 17 June 2018 - 04:20 PM.
Moved from Win 10 Discussion to External Hardware

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,686 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:47 PM

What happens when you go into Control Panel's Devices and Printers and select your printer and run Troubleshhoot?

EDIT: https://www.file.net/process/printfilterpipelinesvc.exe.html includes the location.

Edited by hamluis, 21 June 2018 - 03:53 PM.

#3 chembel

chembel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:55 PM

When I ran the troublshooter the only thing if found was that it was not the Default Printer. I let it fix that and then tried to print the test page again and I get the same error and I have to go through the process of disabling the print spooler and restarting so that I can delete the .tmp file from the spooler folder. So frustrating. Also, this is not my Default Printer. I use it only occasionally, but I want to be able to print to it. 

By giving me the link to where the file location is, are you saying I should just delete it? I am unsure of what you are telling me to do with the link that you list here.

Chris

#4 chembel

chembel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 02:05 PM

And when I go to any of the links on that page, Malwarebytes blocks the website for suspected malicious website. I saw this information when I Googled the name of the .exe file. But I am always suspicious of these types of sites. Especially since it was the first site listed when I did my Google search.

I hope that someone else can give me some other information about trying to solve this problem.

#5 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,686 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:57 PM

"By giving me the link to where the file location is, are you saying I should just delete it? I am unsure of what you are telling me to do with the link that you list here"

Sorry about that: That's a good question.

In that article, the location should be C:\Windows\System32\printfilterpipelinesvc.exe.

The intent is to determine that the location is where it is supposed to be. It’s on my 2 computers, my brothers computer & my sons computer.

--- Further down it mentions “Important: Some malware camouflages itself as printfilterpipelinesvc.exe, particularly when located in the C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32 folder. Therefore, you should check the printfilterpipelinesvc.exe process on your PC to see if it is a threat We recommend Security Task Manager for verifying your computer's security. This was one of the Top Download Picks of The Washington Post and PC World.”

Usually when I look up information like that, I do not use their recommendations unless I already know about them. I run Windows Defender and Malwarebytes.

Moving on to a decent recommendation to solve your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fn printing problem.

On the “I can scan with and I can see it but I cannot print to it” I’ve seen that many times. I haven’t asked HP why but that situation isn’t unusual.

Go to HP’s Support Assistant

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

Download HP Support Assistant. Upon completion, close it.

Open HP Support Assistant from the desktop or taskbar.

Allow your HP printer automatically be recognized.

If your printer isn’t recognized, click on add an HP device.

Run the Diagnostics for your printer,

You might be requested to allow your printer to be uninstalled and then re-installed.

Those steps aren’t exact but please follow what is recommended.

Good luck

#6 chembel

chembel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:15 AM

Thank you cmptrgy I was able to get it fixed by running the HP Print & Scan Doctor software. It actually found that I had miss matched ports and there was some updates that needed to be run. It took a couple of times of restarting but eventually it got everything fixed. Thank you for your suggestions.

I appreciate you taking the time to stay with me until it was resolved.

Chris

#7 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,686 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2018 - 12:15 PM

Running the HP Print & Scan Doctor software was a great idea. Thanks for lettin us know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users