Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redragon M701 Gaming Mouse obnoxious problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Spround

Spround

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:21 AM

Hi, this is my first post so pls go easy on me :D

i have a redragon lavawolf m701 mouse, the problem is that whenever i am playing a game that requires me to hold down m1 and move the cursor as soon as i make a sudden movement it stops holding down m1. This doesn't happen just in videogames, for example if i click and hold on a file, and try to drag it after 5-6 seconds, it acts like i was never clicking in the first place. i tried switching usb port, changing the mouse report rate, cleaning it, switching button (using m5 in game instead of m1) but nothing has worked so far.

Don't tell me to use click lock or whatever it's called because it's more annoying to use than this bug.

Thank you for your response :)

Edited by hamluis, 17 June 2018 - 08:41 AM.
Moved from W10 Spt to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,819 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:35 AM

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers?

http://redragonusa.com/downloads

How does the mouse act in Safe Mode?

In Mouse Settings uncheck Enhanced Pointer Precision and see if that changes anything. 

#3 Spround

Spround
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:33 AM

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers?

http://redragonusa.com/downloads

How does the mouse act in Safe Mode?

In Mouse Settings uncheck Enhanced Pointer Precision and see if that changes anything. 

Thank you for responding, i tried everything you said... reinstalling the drivers, trying safe mode but the problem didn't go away, i have never used enhanced mouse pointer precision but it's unchecked by default

Edited by Spround, 18 June 2018 - 02:41 AM.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,819 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:30 AM

Did this problem just start to happen or is this a new mouse? If this mouse acts the same way on another computer I would say it may be defective. I would suggest you contact Redragon.

http://redragonusa.com/contact-us

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users