Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 KB4103721 | Need Help!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 FeXy_CZ

FeXy_CZ

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:11 AM

Hello I tried everything to update to KB4103721 with no problems but when I finish the installation and restart my computer my keyboard and mouse stops working in Windows but I can use it in BIOS so everytime I tried it I had to use system restore. Does somebody know how to fix this because I have no idea anymore and I want to have the newest version. :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 17 June 2018 - 11:59 AM

Please post the version and build of your Windows 10.  To determine which version and build of Windows 10 you are running press the Windows key OS4o0pO.png, type in winver, then press Enter.  Post this information in your topic.

Please either take a screenshot of use the Snipping tool to copy your Update history. 

Press the Windows key OS4o0pO.png and the I key to open Settings.

Click on Update & Security, then click on View installed update history.

Edited by dc3, 17 June 2018 - 12:48 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 FeXy_CZ

FeXy_CZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:41 PM

Please post the version and build of your Windows 10.  To determine which version and build of Windows 10 you are running press the Windows key OS4o0pO.png, type in winver, then press Enter.  Post this information in your topic.

Please either take a screenshot of use the Snipping tool to copy your Update history. 

Press the Windows key OS4o0pO.png and the I key to open Settings.

Click on Update & Security, then click on [b]View installed update history[b].

B5vfP3Q.png

Sorry my installed update history won't open but it worked before i have no idea what happened. But the update KB4103721 fails to install and when i install it finally it does the thing i writed before. (Edit: Now the history opened but there's nothing.)

Edited by FeXy_CZ, 17 June 2018 - 12:46 PM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,811 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:51 PM

Have you tried to download it from online and then install it?

This failure should produce an error message, please post the exact error message in your topic.

Is this version of Windows 10 activated?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 FeXy_CZ

FeXy_CZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:08 PM

Have you tried to download it from online and then install it?

This failure should produce an error message, please post the exact error message in your topic.

Is this version of Windows 10 activated?

Yes my Windows 10 is activated and i just tried installing it manually but it just said it wasn't installed but in the windows update it says this error code: 0x8024a105 (I need to somehow get the update without making my mouse and keyboard stop working).

#6 Mason21

Mason21

• Members
  • 465 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:10 PM

Have you gone to your motherboard /or PC manufacturers website and looked for new firmware drivers and updated to the newest BIOS?  https://www.windowslatest.com/2018/05/09/windows-10-kb4103721-bugs/

Edited by Mason21, 17 June 2018 - 01:12 PM.

#7 FeXy_CZ

FeXy_CZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:11 PM

Have you gone to your motherboard /or PC manufacturers website and looked for new firmware drivers and updated to the newest BIOS?

Yep everything the newest. But it still doesn't work.

#8 FeXy_CZ

FeXy_CZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:13 PM

Have you gone to your motherboard /or PC manufacturers website and looked for new firmware drivers and updated to the newest BIOS?  https://www.windowslatest.com/2018/05/09/windows-10-kb4103721-bugs/

After your post update i looked at the website but i don't have a black screen i have that my mouse and keyboard stops working in Windows after the update but it works in BIOS. (The update has chance like 1% to actually update). I don't understand...

Edited by FeXy_CZ, 17 June 2018 - 01:14 PM.

#9 FeXy_CZ

FeXy_CZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:34 PM

I am gonna return tomorrow you can still type here but i will reply tomorrow.

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,811 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:37 PM

Two things to try... rollback the update or do a System Restore to a date prior to downloading the update.

Windows 10 System Restore

Press the Windows key OS4o0pO.png and the R key to open the Run box.

When the Run box opens copy and paste rstrui.exe in the Run box, then press OK.

When System Restore opens tap/click on Next.  You will need to select a restore point prior to the date your problem started.  You will see a check box in the lower left portion of the page for Show more restore points to see more restore point options.

Follow the prompts to complete the system restore.

#11 FeXy_CZ

FeXy_CZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:45 PM

Two things to try... rollback the update or do a System Restore to a date prior to downloading the update.

Windows 10 System Restore

Press the Windows key OS4o0pO.png and the R key to open the Run box.

When the Run box opens copy and paste rstrui.exe in the Run box, then press OK.

When System Restore opens tap/click on Next.  You will need to select a restore point prior to the date your problem started.  You will see a check box in the lower left portion of the page for Show more restore points to see more restore point options.

Follow the prompts to complete the system restore.
Ok i will reply to this one today this is not my problem. My problem is that when i install the update and then restart my computer my keyboard and mouse doesn't work so i have to do that what you just said i fixed it like that but i want to keep the update without having this problem. (the update can install only sometimes the rest of the times it says that error i said before

Edited by FeXy_CZ, 17 June 2018 - 01:46 PM.

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,811 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:53 PM

Please don't quote my posts, it isn't needed.

There are two possibilities here, one... the update was corrupted, two... this is one of the dreaded side effects some people experienced with this update.  Microsoft usually will eventually realize that this problem exists and will provide another update to repair what the previous update caused.   Rolling it back and manually downloading the update and installing it may work.  If you do not know how to roll the update back you should be able to do the system restore to remove the update.  I seriously doubt that you will be able to repair this update, it will either need to be uninstalled and then reinstalled or wait for M$ to come up with another update to fix this one.

Does this give you that warm fuzzy feeling?

#13 FeXy_CZ

FeXy_CZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:56 PM

Ok thanks but i just need to know if i can report it to Microsoft somehow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users