Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 10 1607 mouse lag

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Shubhan26

Shubhan26

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:38 AM

I recently upgraded from 1511 to 1607 and my laptop's touchpad is lagging. I tried clean install and updated all my driver but no luck.my mouse works perfect when i play a music or video but startv lagging immidiately after closing the video or music

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,727 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 17 June 2018 - 06:04 AM

Shubhan26:

:welcome: to the Bleeping Computer Windows 10 Forum.

May I ask why you are still on Build 1607?  You should be on Build 1709, or the latest Build (1803).

You should go to your computer manufacturer's website and download the driver directly from the manufacturer.  Windows is known to install generic drivers which can cause issues.

Thank you and have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Member of the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#3 Shubhan26

Shubhan26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 06:57 AM

Shubhan26:

May I ask why you are still on Build 1607?  You should be on Build 1709, or the latest Build (1803).

You should go to your computer manufacturer's website and download the driver directly from the manufacturer.  Windows is known to install generic drivers which can cause issues.

Regards,
-Phil

Cuz all versions after 1607 have poor gaming performance

#4 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• 3,727 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:00 PM

Shubhan26:

Thank you for your post.  I have don't remember seeing that issue being mentioned in the Windows 10 Forum previously.  Is it an issue with one game or all games?

You should be aware that support for Build 1607 ended in April 2018.  See this link for more information.  That means that you are no longer receiving security updates; consequently, your computer is vulnerable to malware attacks.

Did you download the latest touchpad driver from the manufacturer of your computer?  Please stipulate the model of your computer so that you get the correct driver.  The problem you are experiencing could possibly be related to the fact that you are running a now-obsolete version of Windows 10 ... ?

Have you run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to determine if there are OS issues?  I can provide you with instructions, if you are not sure how to run an SFC scan.

Regards,

-Phil

#5 Shubhan26

Shubhan26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 07:30 PM

Shubhan26:

Thank you for your post.  I have don't remember seeing that issue being mentioned in the Windows 10 Forum previously.  Is it an issue with one game or all games?

You should be aware that support for Build 1607 ended in April 2018.  See this link for more information.  That means that you are no longer receiving security updates; consequently, your computer is vulnerable to malware attacks.

Did you download the latest touchpad driver from the manufacturer of your computer?  Please stipulate the model of your computer so that you get the correct driver.  The problem you are experiencing could possibly be related to the fact that you are running a now-obsolete version of Windows 10 ... ?

Have you run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to determine if there are OS issues?  I can provide you with instructions, if you are not sure how to run an SFC scan.

Regards,
-Phil

This problem happens when I explorer windows or just browse internet,not with games.I tried a clean install and updated drivers but no luck.And the mouse works perfectly when I play some audio in background

#6 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• 3,727 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:29 AM

Shubhan26:

Have you reviewed the information that I provided to you?  You have not stated whether you downloaded the correct driver for your model of computer from the manufacturer's website?  You also did not state whether you ran the System File Checker and what the results of the scan were?

In the absence of that information, I am not sure what else I, or anyone else here, can do to assist you.

Regards,

-Phil

#7 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,667 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:00 PM

Shubhan26:

Regards,
-Phil

Where did you hear this false rumor?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#8 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,667 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:53 PM

Shubhan26:

Regards,
-Phil

Not only is this totally false, but the general consensus amongst gamers is that the best way to maximize performance is to stay up to date on all updates including the most current build of Windows. Not staying up to date jeoperdizes security and potentially lowers performance.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#9 Shubhan26

Shubhan26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:44 PM

Shubhan26:

Regards,
-Phil

I Tried 1703,1709 and I got 20fps in a game and 40 fps in the same game in 1607

#10 Mason21

Mason21

• Members
  • 255 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:47 PM

Ya...I am on version 1803 and couldn't be happier with my gaming performance. Somehow you might have heard a false rumor. 

#11 Mason21

Mason21

• Members
  • 255 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:51 PM

Here are the best tweaks for gaming, that I use, that I am aware of. https://www.speedguide.net/articles/gaming-tweaks-5812

#12 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,667 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:44 AM

Shubhan26:

Regards,
-Phil

I Tried 1703,1709 and I got 20fps in a game and 40 fps in the same game in 1607

Then that is not Windows 10 fault it is your system, you are having issues. Windows 10 1709 and 1803 are by far the fastest versions of Windows 10 because the OS is maturing and stabilizing.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#13 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:58 AM

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Can you please cut down on the quoting, especialy quoting of quotes that have already been quoted. Every word that has been typed into this topic is still there, many of them now several times over !  It makes the topic more difficult to follow and it takes up unnecessary acres of space.

By all means use quotes to pick out one particular point that you wish to address but it is seldom necessary to quote a complete post.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users