Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will this cpu bottleneck a GTX 1070 ti?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DecoyWrld

DecoyWrld

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 16 June 2018 - 08:47 PM

I'm currently planning on buying the GTX 1070 TI, with a Akitio Thunder 2 due to the fact that my Imac is only capable of TB2. I've been wondering if my i5 5250u cpu and TB2 will cut down the potential of the gpu, if so what should I do? And is it possible to get a Akitio Node with TB3 connected through a TB2 mac adapter and be able to make the card go? If the 1070 TI bottlenecks should I go with a 1060 6gb, a normal 1070 or a 1070 OC/SC?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 donisonleague

donisonleague

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2018 - 07:24 PM

What are you planning to do?

The i5 shouldn't really bottleneck much unless you are planning some highly cpu AND gpu intensive activity.

#3 DecoyWrld

DecoyWrld
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 02:01 AM

Just trying to play some games, and graphic design + rendering etc...

#4 donisonleague

donisonleague

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2018 - 10:58 AM

Just trying to play some games, and graphic design + rendering etc...

Missed the "U" at the end of the name. Yes, it will bottleneck it and likely a bit the GTX1060.
You could consider buying a gtx 1050 or something different, OR change your cpu aswell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users