Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freezes while gaming, I hope someone can help!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jojofatt

jojofatt

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 16 June 2018 - 04:15 PM

Hi firstly I just want to say thank you for any help i can get on this issue. I work a lot of hours and in my down time i enjoy gaming with my 9 year old daughter. Ever since the fall creators update (windows 10 64 bit home), my pc freezes/hangs while playing most any game. It continues until i reset my pc with the button on the case.  I've virtually tried everything, and did find a solution which fixed my computer for a short time. Then windows did another update and it's back to freezing constantly. I've done a clean install of windows and still the same problem. I am really about to go to home depot and buy a sledge hammer, to see if that works. My pc information will be posted below with speccy and i will attach sysnativefilecollectionapp, again thanks for any assistance you can give.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/WTyACYNwRTDbe4ZfuteVsU2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,028 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:25 PM

Please attach the Sysnative ZIP file again; it did not make the trip. Have you tried gaming with only ONE graphics card since you have two? Can you tell us what you have tried so that we do not make similar suggestions? Can you fill us in on the age of your computer plus its power supply?

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 PerspectiveObjective

PerspectiveObjective

• Members
  • 350 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2018 - 10:14 PM

Oh I see you're in good hands jojo I'll step out as I see the ever cordial owl in here.

However . . . . .

just fyi note: not sure if it helps, ran acroos a GeForce card oh 500 to $800 range and it had some repeating messaging problem or ? well I can't recall I doubt it was update checking but anyway it kept filling up temp or such and she was barely able get in to clear the drive out and start the system up later when I came to take a look. See the hard-drive completely filled up, they only had it a few weeks, it was a new system, strange things happen I guess. Later -- when time, it was started up and I was able see it and catch it so to speak to shut that blessid GLITCH OFF and everything was fine thereafter.

Okay, getting the heck out of here so the pros can help you and hopefully post the final issue of what the main problem was near the end.

Edited by PerspectiveObjective, 17 June 2018 - 01:34 AM.

Oh those are really nice, where`d you get them done at? YOUR NAILS SILLY! Banter/Wit is a primary member requirement to colossal project solution.  Not to toot my horn......          (                (        (       (     :trumpet: but, who else will!? teeehehehehehheeee!~~~8 : P Additionally::: "Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoga

#4 jojofatt

jojofatt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 04:25 AM

Oh thank you both for responding, I know your taking time out of your day. I truly appreciate it! This issue is driving me crazy. Enough of my whining. Firstly yes I will re-attach the sysnative zip file so that you can get at it. I didn't realize it wasn't their i'm sorry about that.

to answer your first question yes I have, I actually added the second one just to see if maybe the one that came with my pc was the problem. I soon realized that it was not. The issues continued to happen.

I've have had this computer since October 2016, so it is 1 year and 8 months old.

The power supply that i am currently using is "Corsair CX750W semi-modular power supply.

Now we are on to the nitty gritty, as to what all i've done. I've done so many things, I'll try and remember everything. I understand your time is valuable and I do not want to be responsible for wasting any of it. I also don't want to bore you with a long story so i'll be as quick as possible. When i first got my computer it was perfect, ran perfect I could run any game on ultra if i wanted. I can't remember ever having an issue. The issues that i'm having now started happening around the beginning of january of this year. To be honest i've been so consumed with blaming these problems on windows 10, that i've had a sort of tunnel vision. Not really looking elsewhere until recently. I should have know that it wasn't windows 3e tried checking event viewer to see if there were any errors that could have been causing the freezes. I thought i ran memtest to check the ram, however I was reading something earlier and I realize that i didn't do that. So i'm going to go to bed because i have work at 3pm today and i'm going to run memtest while i sleep. I will definitely let you know if anything comes of that. I downloaded a program called core temp to see if there were any irregularly high temperatures but there aren't my pc has been running pretty cool. I hope that i've given you the information you were seeking. Thank you again, just for responding so fast, I hope you are able to shed some light on this situation. If i can get my pc fixed it will not be only me that is super happy, but my 9 year old who hasn't been able to play any games with me because I hate discouraging her. Enough of the sob story. I'll look forward to your reply.

#5 jojofatt

jojofatt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 04:48 AM

My apologies I browsed the file and got in place but never hit the attach this file button, please forgive my ignorance. I hope this will help you help me. It may take some time to get back to you today because i have work from 3pm 6/17 - 7am 6/18 (nurse hours) That's if you even have time to look at this. I just wanted to let you know. Thank you very much again for your help. I apologize again for being a numbskull with this attachment. Have a great day.

Attached Files

#6 jojofatt

jojofatt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:11 AM

I ran memtest for 1 pass and it showed no errors.

#7 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,028 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:59 AM

I ran memtest for 1 pass and it showed no errors.

Can you run MemTest for eight passes please? Sometimes errors don't show on the first pass.

Can you run ONLY the new graphics card you bought and remove the old one? Which subvendor sold you the NEW graphics card?

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users