Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chrome auto refresh tabs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mamerala

mamerala

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 16 June 2018 - 01:51 PM

it has been a while and i couldn't find a solution till now. im used to having some or even many tabs open and jumping from one to another like game page, facebook page, other pages, searching in different pages...etc without any issue at all, but few months ago when i leave any tab for a few minutes and get back to it, it will auto refresh. it wasnt huge issue so i didnt ask about.

Now it's worse sometimes but not in all cases when i even click to open a link or page as new tab it wont load till i click on and wait for it to fully load or it may load but when i click on it will auto refresh and this cause issue for me, like for example if I'm trying to start a timer on a site but it gets auto refreshed because of this issue it will reset again and other cases it slows my work.

i already tried to reset sittings, clear cache and cookies many times.

i dont have much free space on C but it shouldn't be the cause of this issue as i had low space long time before this whole issue happen and it's almost same space till now not less.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 16 June 2018 - 03:44 PM

I suspect an add-on may be causing that problem. You can run Chrome in Incognito mode to

test that as all add-ons will be disabled while in Incognito mode.

How to run Chrome browser in Incognito Mode or Safe Mode

If the problem exists in Incognito mode then I suggest resetting Chrome.

Reset Chrome settings to default - Google Chrome Help

You can restore your browser settings in Chrome at any time. You might need to do this if apps or extensions you installed changed

your settings without your knowledge. Your saved bookmarks and passwords won't be cleared or changed.

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More Settings.
  3. At the bottom, click Advanced.
  4. Under the section "Reset," click Reset.
  5. Confirm by clicking Reset. ​

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 mamerala

mamerala
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 07:28 PM

I suspect an add-on may be causing that problem. You can run Chrome in Incognito mode to

test that as all add-ons will be disabled while in Incognito mode.

How to run Chrome browser in Incognito Mode or Safe Mode

If the problem exists in Incognito mode then I suggest resetting Chrome.

Reset Chrome settings to default - Google Chrome Help

You can restore your browser settings in Chrome at any time. You might need to do this if apps or extensions you installed changed

your settings without your knowledge. Your saved bookmarks and passwords won't be cleared or changed.

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More Settings.
  3. At the bottom, click Advanced.
  4. Under the section "Reset," click Reset.
  5. Confirm by clicking Reset. ​

i did but it seems like same issue still there i open new tab but it wont load till i click on 

Edited by mamerala, 17 June 2018 - 07:37 PM.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:45 AM

The title of the link below says it all.

The Complete Guide to Mastering Tabs in Google Chrome

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 mamerala

mamerala
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:05 AM

​

i have been doing all of that already since i multi task and design online and have 20+ tabs

but the auto refresh and need to click the new tab to fully load is new for me

this means i need to open new tab as a new window so instead of having 20+ tabs in 1 window i will need 20+ windows of chrome to make sure all sites load without needing to click on to load to save time and prevent losing my work on the other page because of auto refresh

im not sure if i explained well or no so i will put screen shots step by step

failed to load without clicking on the new tab

step 1

ys3bmog.jpg​

step 2 you can see the picture didnt load as it has same favicon of the main site

Jcp0P42.jpg​

successfully loaded without clicking the new tab

step 1

6jn1nMv.jpg​

step 2 site fully loaded on the new tab without clicking and favicon appeared since it has been loaded 

6Y8o1Zt.jpg​

Edited by mamerala, 18 June 2018 - 11:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users