Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adware Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Yadidda

Yadidda

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:58 PM

This is my first time posting on this forum. I have been having problems with my computer for quite some time and have contemplated reformatting several times. The only problem is I need my computer for school and don't have the time to reformat everything and get all the programs I have on my computer. If anybody can help it would be much appreciated. I am starting my windows in a diagnostic setup with none of the programs that usually start along with my computer selected. I hope that doesn't affect my log. I also use the Shield Antivirus software, and if anybody has any knowledge or feedback on the legitimacy of this program and it's effectiveness please let me know.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:53:33 PM, on 10/9/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\ShieldAntivirus\vrmonsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\devldr32.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopIndex.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopCrawl.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\James\Desktop\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/...//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/...rch/search.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/...//www.yahoo.com
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Google Desktop Search] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O18 - Filter: text/html - (no CLSID) - (no file)
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\PROGRA~1\Google\GOOGLE~1\GOEC62~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: OptimalLayout - C:\WINDOWS\system32\t6r8lg9u16.dll
O23 - Service: Windows Alerter (ALT) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\services.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: ViRobot Expert Monitoring (vrmonsvc) - HAURI - C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\ShieldAntivirus\vrmonsvc.exe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Members
  • 15,385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 13 October 2006 - 12:39 AM

Hello Yadidda,

I also use the Shield Antivirus software, and if anybody has any knowledge or feedback on the legitimacy of this program and it's effectiveness please let me know.

The Shield Pro is just a rebranded version of ViRobot Expert 4.0. To see the review of ViRobots, http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenre...bot-review.html

You can get very good virus protection from one of the free antivirus programs.
I recommend you download the free
AntiVir or
AVG antivirus or
Avast

Never install more than one antivirus scanner or firewall on your system!
Several together can give you problems and decrease the reliability of it seriously!

Avast Tutorial

Please confirm that you have run the following scans or run them now. :thumbsup:
Save any logs that you generate - we may need them later.
Do not post any logs unless I ask you.

Please download, update and run (one at a time of course!)
Spybot 1.4 and Adaware SE 1.06.r1

Fix whatever they suggest.

If you need help running these tools, here are some helpful tutorials.
Spybot Tutorial
Adaware SE Tutorial

Be sure to run Adaware SE with a Full Scan in the Safe Mode.

How to Reboot into Safe Mode
tap F8 key during reboot, until the boot menu appears...use the arrow keys to choose "Safe Mode" from the menu......,then press the "Enter" key. If that does not work this go to this site: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

Ad-Aware SE Setup

Please download, update and run the free A2 (A squared) anti-trojan

Select the "Deep Scan" button and press the Scan button.

If malware is found, click the button "Remove Selected Malware"
and save the log file by clicking on "Save Report".

Let it delete whatever it finds.

I know you may have anti-virus software, but sometimes its definitions are corrupted due to malware. Online scans are the best resort in this case.

Run this pc through the
Trend Micro Housecall Online virus scanner
or
Panda Scan Online virus scanner
or
BitDefender Free Online Virus Scan

Let it delete whatever it finds and post the log

Next, reboot and post a fresh HijackThis log and the online virus scan log.

Edited by SifuMike, 13 October 2006 - 12:46 AM.

If I've saved you time & money,
please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you! You can donate using a credit card and PayPal. Thank you!

Posted Image

Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users