Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble starting computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 turkey10

turkey10

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:33 PM

Not sure if this the right place for this problem, if not please let me know. I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Z710, it came with Windows 8 I upgraded it to Windows 10 a couple of years ago and it has been working fine. It was working fine this morning then all of a sudden it wouldn't work for my wife. She shut it down and now it takes for ever to start and it only goes to the Windows sign on screen but never loads all the way so I can sign in. The little circle just spins and spins. I have tried shouting it down several times it seems like it takes long to load every time. Any help is greatly appreceated. Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:48 PM

Try to start your PC in Safe Mode

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

EDIT: Sometimes it takes 2 - 4 times to repeat the "From the sign-screen" to complete the procedure.

--- Myself I usually do a hard shut down by pressing the on/off button 2 - 4 times.

--- The reason is should work is because when Windows 10 has an unexpected shut-down, the above process will work. 

If it works, save your data immediately

Post back on the results

Edited by cmptrgy, 14 June 2018 - 07:55 PM.

#3 turkey10

turkey10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:02 PM

I restarted it again for about the 10th time and miraculesly it started right up and seems to be working fine. Thanks for the quick reply.

#4 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:59 PM

Thank you for letting us know immediately.

Please create a USB Recovery drive that includes Backup system files to the recovery drive.

Develop a process to save your data.

I'd also recommend creating system image backups.

Download Media Creation Tool (MCT) and then create a bootable flash drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users