Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

virtual machine slows shutdown of computer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mikey3air

mikey3air

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:22 PM

I am having a problem loging off to shutdown my computer.

A message appears which says the "virtual toolbox still has active connections" and it hangs for sometimes 15-20 minutes before finally shutting down.

I think it may have to do with the Nox Player I use to play Mobile Strike, but I am not sure and have no idea how to fix it whether or not that is the problem.

I want the Nox Player to work correctly as well - I get no ability to view chat while playing Mobile Strike on it too.

I have removed the Nox Player several times and reinstalled it, done over-installs numerous times to get it to work properly and have run into this "virtual toolbox" message repeatedly.

I am at a loss in how to get my computer to work as I would like and would appreciate any help!

I am running Windows 7 x64 on a Toshiba Satellite laptop.

Thank you.

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 14 June 2018 - 05:34 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to 'VMs and VM programs'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,203 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 16 June 2018 - 04:24 PM

Are you shutting down the VM when you shut down the computer? Are you just suspending it? Or do you leave the VM running when you shut down the PC?

#3 mikey3air

mikey3air
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2018 - 06:09 PM

I actually do not know. I know very little about VM. How do you check?

#4 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,203 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2018 - 06:59 PM

What hypervisor are you using? VirtualBox? VMware? Hyper-V?

In any event you would shut down the VM the same way you would shut down the computer.

#5 mikey3air

mikey3air
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2018 - 08:59 PM

It has said VirtualBox Interface in the message that appears and delays the shutdown.

#6 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,203 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:40 AM

Open the VirtualBox application. Your VMs should be listed there. Either open the interface for that VM and shut it down from there, or shut it down from the Virtual Box interface.

#7 mikey3air

mikey3air
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2018 - 06:04 PM

Thank you for answering so quickly. I have read that since the VirtualBox Interface is only for the game in Google Play while playing Mobile Strike, I should be able to simply shut it down there.

Also, I contacted Nvidia about this problem and their technician supplied a link to a file which explains VMs in great detail, so I have much reading to do in order to understand how these things work.

Thank you so much for all your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users