Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need advice on running 3 4k 43" displays (P4317Q)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Spaceye

Spaceye

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:04 AM

Basically I only want to work on windows for now and know I need a way better gpu to push all those pixels in game lmao. Perhaps a Gtx 1080 ti sc2 hybrid 11 gb, Asus Rog-strix 1080 11gb OC edition 5k HD gpu or which one would you recommend? Say $1000 budget for smooth frame rates in max settings in all games to game on threeway 43” 4K displays...Or do I need a Titan?

So let’s get the point....Been using two of these and a s2817q 4K display with no issues.

Today I got my third p4317q 4K monitor and have not been able to get them all to light up together. I can only assume the two Gtx 960 4gb gpu s can’t handle 3 of these displays to run windows on? I find that a bit difficult to believe or am i running out of VRAM?

Basically the new monitor stays sleep.

Also.....Would anyone be able to explain why the new monitor is named Tech Concepts TCL and not Dell P4317Q like the other two when I go into the nvidia control panel to set up multiple displays?

I’ve heard using the display cords instead of the hdmi cords is best for 4K? Is this true?

Mobo: Asus Rog Crosshair VI Hero 
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700
Ram: G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB (2x8gb) pc425600
SSD: PNY 480GB 
Seagate Backup Plus 4TB  (STEAM)
Cooling: Thermaltake Water 3.0 Triple Riing
GTX 960 FTW (SLI)

Edited by Spaceye, 14 June 2018 - 12:17 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DataMedic

DataMedic

Authorized DataMedic Rep

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:14 PM

The 960 is capable of running up to 4 monitors but probably is limited to just 2 at 4K.  Having two of them, you should have no issue running 3 monitors though.  Are you trying to plug all three into a single GPU?  You might actually have to de-SLI them to make it work with three monitors.  I'm not sure, but when you use SLI one card basically becomes slave to the other and might inherit its total number of monitor limitations.

This image from NVIDIA seems to suggest that SLI addon cards shouldn't have monitors connected to them:

configuration_options.jpg

That having been said, 960 is at the low end of supporting 4K at all.  A 1080ti will probably work much better for you.

Edited by DataMedic, 14 June 2018 - 02:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users