Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can install Windows 8 but Windows 10 install crashes completely

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Aph0tic

Aph0tic

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:18 PM

Recently I was playing a game and my screen froze and after a while a force powered off my computer. However, it continued to crash when booting up, and I decided to completely reset my hard drive and reinstall windows. When I did so, the Windows installer would either fail to recognize my ssd, sometimes it would give me an error along the lines of "windows cannot install required files" partway through the download, and sometimes it would get as far as the reboot and then freeze completely when rebooting, forcing me to power it off again and go back to the blue screens. 

Thinking it might be a problem with my ssd, I tried another one and the same thing continued to happen. I eventually decided to try installing Windows 8.1 for kicks and it actually worked, but there were multiple drivers missing that should be there on startup. Most notably my network driver, forcing me to use a usb dongle that acts as a driver allowing me to connect to the internet. I'm fairly certain my computer is supposed to use killer network drivers, so I tried installing them but it caused another crash and failed to install the drivers. I tried updating from windows 8.1 to 10 as well, but it got as far as looking for and installing updates and then froze, forcing me to reinstall windows 8 again. I'm thinking it may be a driver issue causing the crashes and the error code is 0x000001d3, but I'm not sure and in desperate need of help fixing this issue.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:17 PM

Please...post the log data requested via this guidance:  BC BSODs Posting Instructions - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/ .  Do not begin a new topic, just post the requested data to this topic...in your next post.

Louis

#3 Aph0tic

Aph0tic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:37 PM

Here's all the system info you requested:  

· CyberPowerPC
          · Model - couldn't find number on bottom, but it's a clone of the gt80 titan 980m sli
        · OS - Windows 8.1 version 6.3 (Build 9600)

trying to upgrade to windows 10
        · x64
        · Windows 10
        · OEM
        · 3 years, except for the hard drive which is new
        · I reinstalled windows 10 about a year ago

· Laptop
               · Intel i7-5950hq
               · GTX 980m x2

Attached Files

Edited by Aph0tic, 13 June 2018 - 05:38 PM.

#4 axe0

axe0

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 350 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 16 June 2018 - 04:33 PM

Hi Aph0tic,

Please run the drive and RAM tests - http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html
Kind regards,
Axe0

0 user(s) are reading this topic