Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Interpret for me please

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 WhatsWrongWithIt

WhatsWrongWithIt

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:07 AM

​I will give £10 to anyone that surmises the events on the enclosed documents. I just want that answer. No questions no contexts just a really simple outline of these logs...please

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:29 PM

It might be helpful to know what you were trying to do when your system created these log files.  

#3 WhatsWrongWithIt

WhatsWrongWithIt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:35 PM

Its a refresh

#4 WhatsWrongWithIt

WhatsWrongWithIt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:28 AM

So off it goes looking for the image but it cant find it, so next......

#5 WhatsWrongWithIt

WhatsWrongWithIt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2018 - 03:01 AM

I feel like Im committing some kind of crime on here. I post and get told that the scope is far too large and you want specifics. I post a very specific question and no one will answer.
Some high being has obviously decreed that I dont need to know the answer to this and thats that.
As an engineer I use logic as my tools to fix physical things and I just dont understand you software people.
In my world if I keep having to fix the same issue over and over it means Ive probably in actual fact got my diagnosis wrong. In your world you go for the same fix .... the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result. In your world I get told it cant happen, this from a guy I was sat next to and watched it happen. I showed him again, no it definitely cant happen! In my world its WTF it did happen why and how and lets find out.
So before you all decide on what I should be allowed to know maybe someone could just take it as gospel that I wanted to know because it would help me understand something else. Im not after state secrets just a bit of help

#6 xrobwx

xrobwx

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:19 AM

Try not being an bleep and people will be more inclined to help? No state secrets, just a suggestion.

7581204627.png

#7 WhatsWrongWithIt

WhatsWrongWithIt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:37 AM

The thread, a nice enough question, has been unanswered for a month sat here politely.
Apologies if you think it was written in that tone of voice, its written in total bewilderment of how this world works.
Last year I spent 6 months with MS global escalation team on a support call for MS Office during that time they remoted in and re-installed it no less than 47 times. Every time they said see how it goes. Every time they only rebuilt my profile each time.... nothing different and guess what, the outcome was the dame everttime.
Im not giving specifics because I dont want to fix this now.
The problem is upstream of this and Im now resigned to the fact that I will never be able to guarantee my work will remain where I left it or Ill be able to turn on my pc and the software I installed will run or not demand s new licence or just work
But it would be really nice if people would think outside the box and open themselves up instead of shrugging off unanswered issues (not talking about this thread) as dunno then.

#8 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,977 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:50 AM

You know, you might want to consider, based upon your own experience, that perhaps no one knows the answer.

We're a group of people who volunteer our time and expertise, but that doesn't mean that every question asked here always gets answered.  There are times when no one knows.

Your tone is, by the way, whiny and demanding and way more than one person has picked up on that.  You bear 100% responsibility for that.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#9 WhatsWrongWithIt

WhatsWrongWithIt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2018 - 10:00 AM

Read this picturing mewith a wry smile not throwing my toys out the pram ....Then its more apologies from me because I even tried to introduce a bit of humour in there by offering ten of my English pounds to help break the ice
Read this sadly not arrogantly...... Clearly my English sense of dry humour does not cross the continent well resulting in me having to give instructions on how to read the tone of my posts
Read this genuinely... if no one knows then hey thanks for trying. You have got me so wrong but as you said I will take responsibility for that. Ill bid you good day with this short post as .... read this as factual ... I struggle to type and my voice recognition software got uninstalled for the third time this year last night
Kindest regards Elaine

#10 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 844 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2018 - 10:03 AM

Use Google Search.

Learn to take screenshots & add them to your posts. :thumbup2:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43088/how-to-capture-and-edit-a-screen-shot/#entry4532851

Learn to use Google Search.  :busy:

Make full system images to restore to if your computer goes bonkers.

#11 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,977 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2018 - 10:08 AM

Not to mention suspect that something is whacky with your hardware in some way and/or that you have some sort of insidious infection.  If you're having repeated mystery uninstalls and other weirdness like that I'd definitely suspect an infection.

Windows 10 (or any version of Windows prior) simply does not work this way.  

If you are willing to consider that then the folks in the "Malware Removal Assistance" forum may be able to help, provided you follow the instructions for making your initial post and follow the requests an assistant makes.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,713 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 15 July 2018 - 10:27 AM

I'm inclined to agree with Brian.  You should determine whether this computer is infected or not.  To accomplish this please do the following.

You need to start a topic in the Malware Removal forum.

You will need to do the following prior to starting your topic.

Please follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.

* If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
   * In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running FRST which will create two logs.

When you have done this, post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.

Start a new topic and post your log(s) along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. If you cannot produce any of the required logs...start the new topic anyway. Explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happened when you tried to create them. A member of the Malware Removal Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.

After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so this topic can be closed by a Moderator.

DO NOT bump your new topic. Wait for a response from one of the Malware Response Team Members.  The MRT members look for topics which have not been addressed.  If you bump your topic it will make it appear that your topic is being addressed.

Edited by dc3, 15 July 2018 - 10:29 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#13 Mason21

Mason21

• Members
  • 389 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:00 PM

For your future info...in the future try copying and pasting or use the "snipping tool" to paste the files into the forum. Most people here, don't like downloading files to open them when trying to help people. It's a safety issue. 

Edited by Mason21, 15 July 2018 - 02:00 PM.

#14 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,977 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2018 - 03:31 PM

For your future info...in the future try copying and pasting or use the "snipping tool" to paste the files into the forum. Most people here, don't like downloading files to open them when trying to help people. It's a safety issue. 

On this particular issue, attitudes are far behind any contemporary antivirus/antimalware/security suite, all of which do realtime, on-demand scanning at download time.

It is long past time for people to get over their fear of attachments, period.  They ceased to be an effective infection vector quite a few years ago now.

#15 xrobwx

xrobwx

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2018 - 06:17 PM

On this particular issue, attitudes are far behind any contemporary antivirus/antimalware/security suite, all of which do realtime, on-demand scanning at download time.

It is long past time for people to get over their fear of attachments, period.  They ceased to be an effective infection vector quite a few years ago now.

Plus, there is always virustotal.com you can upload the file to. If your super paranoid, use a VM to open the file. Or take Brian's advice. :)

Edited by xrobwx, 15 July 2018 - 06:17 PM.

7581204627.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users