Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GTA V Appcrash after clean format

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Yousucks2

Yousucks2

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:39 PM

HI everyone
im having a issue with GTA V steam version
I needed to reintall my OS, because i got some kind of malware which eats my HDD storage,
for example, when i started the system i had 40gb available
and the next day magically drops to 29gb
next day again drops to 23gb
without installations and downloaded stuff from the internet

I tried removed the virus with Malwarebytes and two Antivrus  , without sucess
So i decided format my machine to start again, erasing all the info inside the drive
I saved my games before format

After a clean install of Vista Ultimate SP2 with all updates the game refuses to start
Im getting the classic screen "GTA V stopped Working"

The module with error its the next
API-WIN-MS-CLASSIC-PROVIDER-L-.1.1.0.DLL
I don't have that file on System32 and SysWOW64
If i download the file and put it in place , the game show same error
but the module with error changes to NTDLL.DLL

Someone here have the game with vista and still running fine? 
Last time i played GTA was one month ago, with all the updates
I dont know why the game dont run now
Rockstar support doesnt help too much,
they send my some instructions which dont apply in my case

I tried 
Reinstall Directx/Frameworks/Visual Redistributable
Reinstall Vista with multiple ISO's
Reinstall game
Uses different video drivers
SFC/Scannow command

My PC :
Vista SP2 Ultimate 64 bits
Nvidia GTX 750ti
Core i5 2400
16GB Of RAM

Edited by Yousucks2, 12 June 2018 - 06:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lmacri

lmacri

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:11 AM

Hi yousucks2:

Did any of your antivirus / anti-malware scans detect malware on your system before you reinstalled your OS, and if so do you recall the name of the detection?

How did you confirm that your Vista OS is fully patched? Does your System Information (Control Panel | System and Maintenance | System) show that you have Service Pack 2 installed, and was your IE browser upgraded back to IE9 after the reinstall?  If Windows Update has applied all security updates released prior to the end extended support for Vista SP2 (11-Apr-2017) then open IE9, go to Help | About Internet Explorer and confirm that you have Update Versions 9.0.60 / KB4014661 (Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9: April 11, 2017).

Attached File  IE9 Version KB4014661 April 2017.png   17.66KB   0 downloads

There is a known issue with Vista SP2 where Windows Update will hang on "Checking for updates..." for hours (or even days), and after a clean reinstall or factory reset this problem appears immediately after Service Pack 2 is applied.  See the FAQ How to Fix Vista SP2 "Checking for Updates..." Hangs and Slow Windows Updates in the VistaForums if you think you might be affected by this problem.

If you have Vista Service Pack 2 and IE9 and a manual Windows Update (Windows Update | Check for Updates) runs to completion and reports that no further updates are available, have you updated all your hardware drivers (e.g., network cards, graphics cards, etc.)?  I did a manual search at https://www.geforce.com/Drivers and the last 64-bit Vista driver set released for the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti graphics card is v365.19 (rel. 13-May-2016) although I'm not sure if these drivers are certified for your motherboard and other system components.

If your Vista SP2 OS and hardware drivers are all up-to-date then what antivirus programs or other security software are currently installed on your computer, and does GTA 5 run if your antivirus real-time protection an/or firewall is temporarily disabled?  If you re-installed Malwarebytes Free v3.5.1 make sure that you deactivate the 14-day trial of the Premium real-time protection features (Settings | Account | Deactivate Premium Trial).  I use Norton as my AV and Steam users frequently post about conflicts between Steam games and Norton - see Jimmy1204's thread I Need Help with a Game for one example.
------------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.8.1 * Norton Security v22.14.2.13 * Malwarebytes 3.5.1 * MS Office 2003 Professional

Edited by lmacri, 13 June 2018 - 09:17 AM.

#3 Yousucks2

Yousucks2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:44 PM

Hi yousucks2:

Did any of your antivirus / anti-malware scans detect malware on your system before you reinstalled your OS, and if so do you recall the name of the detection?

How did you confirm that your Vista OS is fully patched? Does your System Information (Control Panel | System and Maintenance | System) show that you have Service Pack 2 installed, and was your IE browser upgraded back to IE9 after the reinstall?  If Windows Update has applied all security updates released prior to the end extended support for Vista SP2 (11-Apr-2017) then open IE9, go to Help | About Internet Explorer and confirm that you have Update Versions 9.0.60 / KB4014661 (Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9: April 11, 2017).

attachicon.gifIE9 Version KB4014661 April 2017.png

There is a known issue with Vista SP2 where Windows Update will hang on "Checking for updates..." for hours (or even days), and after a clean reinstall or factory reset this problem appears immediately after Service Pack 2 is applied.  See the FAQ How to Fix Vista SP2 "Checking for Updates..." Hangs and Slow Windows Updates in the VistaForums if you think you might be affected by this problem.

If you have Vista Service Pack 2 and IE9 and a manual Windows Update (Windows Update | Check for Updates) runs to completion and reports that no further updates are available, have you updated all your hardware drivers (e.g., network cards, graphics cards, etc.)?  I did a manual search at https://www.geforce.com/Drivers and the last 64-bit Vista driver set released for the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti graphics card is v365.19 (rel. 13-May-2016) although I'm not sure if these drivers are certified for your motherboard and other system components.

If your Vista SP2 OS and hardware drivers are all up-to-date then what antivirus programs or other security software are currently installed on your computer, and does GTA 5 run if your antivirus real-time protection an/or firewall is temporarily disabled?  If you re-installed Malwarebytes Free v3.5.1 make sure that you deactivate the 14-day trial of the Premium real-time protection features (Settings | Account | Deactivate Premium Trial).  I use Norton as my AV and Steam users frequently post about conflicts between Steam games and Norton - see Jimmy1204's thread I Need Help with a Game for one example.
------------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.8.1 * Norton Security v22.14.2.13 * Malwarebytes 3.5.1 * MS Office 2003 Professional

I spent threee days updating the system, in total Windows Update installed 231 updates with a clean SP2 ISO installed, 
The only update i discheck was IE9 because if i install it, the the calendar gadget font become ugly and i dont like it.
(i dont think be important by the way, because in my old Vista installation dont had IE 9 installed too and the game works fine)
The only way i see now to get a solution, saddly, its download gtav files again , so i try that and come back to inform if works or not

#4 Yousucks2

Yousucks2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 06:59 PM

SOLVED!

The fix its so strange

If someone has the same issue, you need download GTA V Social Club version 

After that you need "convert" Social Club version to Steam following this guide

https://gtaforums.com/topic/849187-converting-steam-gtav-to-rockstar-gtav-and-back-again/

After thet just install the game through steam and its done

Im gonna talk to Rockstar Support, because Steam installation files are corrupted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users