Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware Bites

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 digorok

digorok

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:50 PM

I keep on getting a notice that a new version of Malware Bites is ready for download.

I run the free version.

Are they just trying to get me to install the paid version????

Desktop

Win 10

Firefox

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:12 AM

Hi, digorok!

No, they are not, but they are just offering you a 14-day trial of the Malwarebytes Premium version (with real-time protection).

Which does not require you to purchase anything at all, as Malwarebytes automatically will revert to the Free version (on demand manual scanner) after the trial is over, and as such, you do not have to do anything particular for this to happen.

Here are more details on the Malwarebytes 14-day Premium Trial version: https://www.malwarebytes.com/trial/

Here are details on how to install Malwarebytes: https://www.malwarebytes.com/support/guides/mb/Installation.html

After the installation, you can downgrade/deactivate the Premium Trial version to the Free version, by following this guide: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1033

And if you ever want to manually upgrade Malwarebytes to a newer version, you can follow this guide: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1125

And as new versions of Malwarebytes are released, they are listed on the Bleeping Computer Community Index in the Latest Downloads Section at the right of the screen.

Regards,
midimusicman79

Edited by midimusicman79, 13 June 2018 - 11:54 AM.

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, MB 3 Free, WPP, SWB Free, CryptoPrevent Free, NVT OSA and Unchecky, WFW, FFQ with CanDef, uBO, Ghostery, Grammarly Free and HTTPS Ew. Acronis TI 2018, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB 3 Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NoBot, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 23 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

#3 digorok

digorok
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:52 PM

Thank you.

#4 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 765 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:01 PM

Hi again, digorok!

You are welcome! :)

Regards,
midimusicman79

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, MB 3 Free, WPP, SWB Free, CryptoPrevent Free, NVT OSA and Unchecky, WFW, FFQ with CanDef, uBO, Ghostery, Grammarly Free and HTTPS Ew. Acronis TI 2018, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB 3 Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NoBot, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 23 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,769 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:02 PM

If you already used a trial version and it expired, you still can download updated versions for free mode use as a stand-alone scanner.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#6 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 765 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:02 AM

Hi, quietman7!

Thank you very much for the information, as I am sure everyone reading this topic will appreciate it, including the OP and me! :)

Regards,
midimusicman79

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,769 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:59 PM

You're welcome.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif