Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Restore Files from ESET Online Scanner Quarantine

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 neumannu47

neumannu47

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 AM

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:37 AM

After I ran ESET Online Virus Scanner, it quarantined several files. When I looked at the quarantine, there are some very large files that I want to reevaluate. Even though I followed the instructions to run ESET again to allow me to manage the quarantine, since ESET doesn't find anything after the scan, the "Manage Quarantine" option is not available. How can I manage the ESET quarantine?

https://support.eset.com/kb2915/#Method2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:55 AM

Are you sure it quarantined and it did not delete those files? You can't restore deleted files. Check to be sure.

The ESET Online Scanner saves a log file after running, which can be examined or sent in to ESET for further analysis.

To view the log file, Show hidden files and folders must be enabled. New logs are appended to the existing log files when multiple scans are run. 

The path to the log file is the following: C:\users\%userprofile%\appdata\local\temp\log.txt

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,734 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:15 AM

buddy215 is correct...If you selected the check boxes next to Delete application's data on close and Remove files from quarantine before clicking Finish, you cannot restore the quarantined file.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 neumannu47

neumannu47
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2018 - 08:39 PM

The files were quarantined, not deleted. They're still there. I just can't get eset to see them. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users