Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very slow Boot and slow at opening apps/programs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 Computerisfun8

Computerisfun8

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:37 PM

Hi there,

As the title already covers it all. I have performed:

(Chronological order) 

0. Reinstall Windows 10 2 times with drivers fully updated

1. RKill process - (Txt file included below)

2. Malwarebytes 

3. Adwcleaner 

4. Windows Defender full scan

5. Ccleaner to erase cache and junk etc

6. Tried running the SFC /Scan now and DISM

7. Disable unnecessary services.

8. Have deleted the Prefetch files and Reset HOST file and WinSock

9. Power Reset

10. Farbar Scan - (Addition and FRST txt file provided below)

Still slow? 

Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated :).

Many thanks.

Also, please I asked kindly to delete "ALL" of the provided files once this case has been resolved. I don't want it to remain here. Privacy concern. 

Edited by Machiavelli, 14 July 2018 - 09:05 AM.
Removed logs

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HelpBot

HelpBot

Bleepin' Binary Bot

• Bots
  • 12,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 16 June 2018 - 08:40 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer!

I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.

To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:

step1.gif In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.

CLICK THIS LINK >>> https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/678964 <<< CLICK THIS LINK

If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.

step2.gifIf you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:

• If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.
  • A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
    • Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.
    • If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.
    • If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
    • If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.
  • Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.
  • Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.

Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.

We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again:

• Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.

FRST Download Link

• When you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.
  • Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run.
  • Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button.
  • Notepad will open with the results.
  • Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.

As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

#3 King_Yoshi

King_Yoshi

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,361 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:29 PM

Hello Computerisfun8,

My name is King_Yoshi and I will be helping you today.

Please re-run FRST and post a new log.

We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again:

• Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.

FRST Download Link

• When you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.
  • Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run.
  • Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button.
  • Notepad will open with the results.
  • Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.

#4 King_Yoshi

King_Yoshi

• 1,361 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2018 - 03:03 PM

Hello Computerisfun8,

Are you still with us?
It has been 3 days since I last posted, and have not had a response from yourself.

Kindly respond to this topic in two days.
Otherwise I will have to consider it abandoned, at which point it will be locked.

#5 Computerisfun8

Computerisfun8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2018 - 05:46 PM

Hello Computerisfun8,

Are you still with us?
It has been 3 days since I last posted, and have not had a response from yourself.

Otherwise I will have to consider it abandoned, at which point it will be locked.

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay. 

I have been overseas in Fiji for the last few weeks. Back today so will begin to provide the info requested. 

#6 Computerisfun8

Computerisfun8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2018 - 05:56 PM

Hello Computerisfun8,

Are you still with us?

Update: Here are the requested files below. Please kindly keep this confidential. 

Look forward to your response. 

Edited by Machiavelli, 14 July 2018 - 09:05 AM.
Removed logs

#7 King_Yoshi

King_Yoshi

• 1,361 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2018 - 03:20 PM

Hello Computerisfun8,

Allow me some time to review your post.

In the meantime please review the following rules.

Basic Rules:

1. First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts.
Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us.
I try to reply as soon as possible. (Typically every 24-48 hours.)

2. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I provide for you.
I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take.
If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.

3. Please perform all steps in the order they are listed, in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated.
If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know.

4. Please copy and paste all logs into your post, unless directed otherwise.
Please do not re-run any programs I suggest.
If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.

5. When you post your reply, use the "Reply to this Topic" button.

6. In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the "Follow this Topic" button.
Please click on this then choose "Immediate E-Mail notification" and then "Proceed" and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.

7. If you do not reply to your topic after 3 days I will bump the post. After 5 days of no reply we will assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.

8. When your computer is clean I will alert you of such.
I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can prevent and combat future infections.

#8 Computerisfun8

Computerisfun8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 05:13 AM

No worries. I will wait for your response in regards to reviewing my provided files. 

Yes, I understand fully on your process steps.

Thanks

#9 Computerisfun8

Computerisfun8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 05:14 AM

No worries. I will wait for your response in regards to reviewing my provided files. 

Thanks

Hello Computerisfun8,

Allow me some time to review your post.

In the meantime please review the following rules.

Basic Rules:

1. First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts.
Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us.
I try to reply as soon as possible. (Typically every 24-48 hours.)

2. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I provide for you.
I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take.
If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.

3. Please perform all steps in the order they are listed, in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated.
If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know.

4. Please copy and paste all logs into your post, unless directed otherwise.
Please do not re-run any programs I suggest.
If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.

5. When you post your reply, use the "Reply to this Topic" button.

6. In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the "Follow this Topic" button.
Please click on this then choose "Immediate E-Mail notification" and then "Proceed" and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.

7. If you do not reply to your topic after 3 days I will bump the post. After 5 days of no reply we will assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.

8. When your computer is clean I will alert you of such.
I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can prevent and combat future infections.

Thanks

#10 King_Yoshi

King_Yoshi

• 1,361 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2018 - 02:11 PM

Thank you for your patients. I will be replying shortly.

#11 King_Yoshi

King_Yoshi

• 1,361 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:23 PM

Hello Computerisfun8,

Thank you for your patients.

:step1:

Update: Here are the requested files below. Please kindly keep this confidential.

Please be aware that everything you post on these forums is public.
Anyone can come by and view what is posted. Additionally, google indexes these sites and caches its pages.

Please kindly see the Privacy Policy of this site.

Any data that is posted to the site is completely up to the member and should be sanitized of all personal data. If a member posts content that contains personal information by accident they can edit the post and remove the personal information themselves within 24 hours. Otherwise they need to contact us to edit the post and remove the personal information.

:step2: We Need to Run a GMER Scan

Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:
  • Main Mirror which will download a randomly named file
  • Zipped Mirror - Unzip the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer
  • Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs
  • Temporarily disable any real-time active protection
  • It is very important you do not use your computer while GMER is running
  • Double-click on the randomly named GMER gmericon_zps951fd5aa.jpg icon
  • GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan
  • If you receive a warning about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system click NO
  • Please check in the Quick scan box
  • Please uncheck the following:
    • IAT/EAT
    • Show All <<< Important
    GMER2new_zpsdd936679.jpg
  • Click Scan
  • If you see a rootkit warning window click OK
  • When the scan is finished, Save the results to your desktop as gmer.log
  • Click Copy then paste the results in your next reply
  • Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your Antivirus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled
Note:
  • If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode
  • If GMER crashes or keeps resulting in a Blue Screen of Death, uncheck Devices on the right side before scanning
:step3: We Need to run CKScanner

1.) Download CKScanner from here:http://downloads.malwareremoval.com/CKScanner.exe
Make sure you save it to your desktop or move it to your desktop before you run it.

2.) Right Click on CKScanner_Icon.png and select "Run as administrator".

3.) Click the Search For Files button.

4.) Please wait for the scan to complete. It may take some time.
You will know it has completed, when the cursor hourglass disappears.

5.) click Save List To File. A New text file named CKFiles.txt will be created on your desktop.

6.) Double-click the CKFiles.txt icon on your desktop and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.

#12 Computerisfun8

Computerisfun8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2018 - 03:53 AM

Hello Computerisfun8,

Thank you for your patients.

:step1:

Please be aware that everything you post on these forums is public.
Anyone can come by and view what is posted. Additionally, google indexes these sites and caches its pages.

Please kindly see the Privacy Policy of this site.

Any data that is posted to the site is completely up to the member and should be sanitized of all personal data. If a member posts content that contains personal information by accident they can edit the post and remove the personal information themselves within 24 hours. Otherwise they need to contact us to edit the post and remove the personal information.

:step2: We Need to Run a GMER Scan

Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:
  • Main Mirror which will download a randomly named file
  • Zipped Mirror - Unzip the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer
  • Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs
  • Temporarily disable any real-time active protection
  • It is very important you do not use your computer while GMER is running
  • Double-click on the randomly named GMER gmericon_zps951fd5aa.jpg icon
  • GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan
  • If you receive a warning about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system click NO
  • Please check in the Quick scan box
  • Please uncheck the following:
    • IAT/EAT
    • Show All <<< Important
    GMER2new_zpsdd936679.jpg
  • Click Scan
  • If you see a rootkit warning window click OK
  • When the scan is finished, Save the results to your desktop as gmer.log
  • Click Copy then paste the results in your next reply
  • Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your Antivirus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled
Note:
  • If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode
  • If GMER crashes or keeps resulting in a Blue Screen of Death, uncheck Devices on the right side before scanning
:step3: We Need to run CKScanner

1.) Download CKScanner from here:http://downloads.malwareremoval.com/CKScanner.exe
Make sure you save it to your desktop or move it to your desktop before you run it.

2.) Right Click on CKScanner_Icon.png and select "Run as administrator".

3.) Click the Search For Files button.

4.) Please wait for the scan to complete. It may take some time.
You will know it has completed, when the cursor hourglass disappears.

5.) click Save List To File. A New text file named CKFiles.txt will be created on your desktop.

6.) Double-click the CKFiles.txt icon on your desktop and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply.

Okay, then if you finish looking at the files I sent to you, can you please permanently delete them? It contains my name which I cannot allow. Sorry. 

Also, speaking of the  files. Did you manage to see if anything was wrong? any issues or viruses etc?

No worries. I will perform these scans as you have requested in two days since I am away from my laptop. Apologies. 

Look forward to your response. 

Thanks

#13 King_Yoshi

King_Yoshi

• 1,361 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 10:35 PM

Hello Computerisfun8,

No worries. I will perform these scans as you have requested in two days since I am away from my laptop. Apologies.

Once all the scans are completed and reviewed I can give the proper feedback. :)

#14 Computerisfun8

Computerisfun8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2018 - 09:26 PM

Hello Computerisfun8,

Once all the scans are completed and reviewed I can give the proper feedback. :)

Hi there,

I have done your scans but they were not completed as they were giving me constant blue screen and crashes...

I am quite disappointed as I trusted your actions. 

Regardless, please remove all the files I have uploaded. Also, please destroy this post and all files you have got from me as oit contains private information about my personal info " If a member posts content that contains personal information by accident they can edit the post and remove the personal information themselves within 24 hours. Otherwise they need to contact us to edit the post and remove the personal information." 

#15 King_Yoshi

King_Yoshi

• 1,361 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2018 - 04:17 PM

Hello Computerisfun8,

I have done your scans but they were not completed as they were giving me constant blue screen and crashes...

Which program was causing the Blue Screens? Running these programs should not give you blue screens. Other programs or malware could interfere and cause a Blue Screen.

Regardless, please remove all the files I have uploaded. Also, please destroy this post and all files you have got from me as oit contains private information about my personal info.

I have contacted the administrators who have agreed to remove the files once we are finished.

:step1: Do you wish to still wish to continue?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users