Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SMS/MMS Backup and Printing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 skeev88

skeev88

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:39 PM

I'm looking to backup certain text message conversations so that I can view and print them from a PC.

I've tried SMS Backup & Restore which claims to save pictures sent in the the messages.  It backs up an XML file to my Google Drive, but it never has the pictures and what's worse is that it only saves the incoming messages, never my outgoing message.  And the XML file usually is a format mess when I try to view it.

I've also tried SMS Backup+ which send all of my messages to my Gmail. This has worked out a little better because it's much more legible as an email chain and it saves all of the pictures that were sent as well as most emojis, but it still only saves the incoming messages and never the outgoing messages I've sent and it saves only 100 messages per email with all MMS messages at the end so they aren't all in order.

Can anyone recommend an app that saves both incoming and outgoing sides of the text conversations, hopefully with the MMS and emojis intact?

I'm using a Samsung J7, Android 7.0, AT&T carrier

EDIT:  Further research is telling me that the problem seems to lie in an option I have turned on called "enhanced messaging", something called an RCS message.

Edited by skeev88, 11 June 2018 - 03:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:23 AM

Make life far easier and take screen shots of the conversation in question. Offload them onto your PC in a folder and save it for as long as you need. 

nIDwkQT.gif

| IT Service Technician | A+ | Network+ | Gamer | iPhone Expert |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users