Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Update failure then boot loop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 arez123

arez123

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 10 June 2018 - 07:39 PM

I had an update ans did it last night well i wake up this morning and my computer is stuck on the blue screen saying "update 100 percent conigured" so i was forced to do a forced shutdown and now its doing this does anyone know how i couls fix this myself?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dmccoy

dmccoy

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:51 PM

Boot with the Windows 10 install disc if available and try starting in one of the following Safe mode options by following Steps 3 - 6 below.

If you do not have a disc then perform the following steps and let me know if any of the options work and we can try some troubleshooting methods. 

Force Safe Mode with Power On/Off

1. Press the Power On/Off button to Start and Shut Down the computer as soon as you see the rotating loading circle
2.Repeat this 2-3 times to stat the Windows Recovery Environment.
3. Select Troubleshoot Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart from the Choose an Option screen.
4. After your PC restarts, select one of the following Safe Mode options you are instructed to from the Start Up Settings menu:

• Safe Mode (4)
  • Safe Mode with Networking (5)
  • Command Prompt (6)

5. Wait for Safe Mode to load.
6. Logon with an Administrator account if needed.

We are all volunteers so please by kind, courteous and respectful of all staff and members

I try to respond in 24-48 hours normally and I am more active on weekdays than weekends. However, sometimes due to my health, family or life it may take me a little longer. If you have not heard from me within 72 hours then please PM me a reminder. 

BC BSOD Posting Instructions 

#3 LPTJared

LPTJared

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:15 PM

This happened to me on my work computer. It would take about 4-5 hours to "update" then I could finally get in and access windows normally. I just backed everything up and did a clean install and haven't had an issue since (4-5 months.) I found out the hard way it was quicker to just reload the system than it was to suffer for 2-3 days of not being able to access your files.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users