Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't access email using Microsoft Edge

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MoonPower

MoonPower

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:38 PM

Hi. I am having trouble accessing my email using Microsoft Edge. Yes I can click on Edge and it will take me to my Home page. From there I need to click on Favorites to go to another page that will let me then click on Mail. (https://att.yahoo.com/) But it won't go to the page where my mail is, I get nothing but a blank white page and it is stuck right there. I can access Mail using I.E., but not Edge. The only two browsers I use are Edge and I.E. Any ideas. Thanks for the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,199 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:15 PM

Sometimes deleting all the cookies in the browser and deleting all the Yahoo bookmarks/ favorites you have set will clear up the problem.

Once those are deleted, reboot the computer and try accessing your yahoo email by first going to Yahoo and sign in. If successful

and you have signed in then click on mail. If that is successful...set a new bookmark.

Use CCleaner to delete ALL cookies by following the directions below. Manually delete your Yahoo bookmarks/ favorites.

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of Google Chrome and Avast.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Edited by buddy215, 11 June 2018 - 07:47 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 MoonPower

MoonPower
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:39 PM

buddy215, Sorry it took a while to respond. However, I didn't do any of what you told me. I have another pc and I just swapped them out. Obviously I don't have the problem anymore. But thanks for your reply. Moon Power. 

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,199 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:29 PM

Okay....you're welcome

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 MoonPower

MoonPower
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:24 PM

I think someone has hijacked my mail page. I can no longer check email with either Edge, I.E. or Firefox. I recently changed my mail password so I like to think it can't be that, but I could be wrong. Do you think I was hijacked? Or someone is playing a bad joke on me. I ran Crap Cleaner, but that didn't help. What would deleting my Favorites do and why do that? I can go to the Home pages on all three Browsers, but on my Favorites page where I click on my email icon and I am then taken to a white blank page. Does anyone know what's going on? Thanks for your help into this. 

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,199 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 09:25 PM

When the problem only existed in Edge I suggested deleting ALL cookies and the Favorites bookmarks you used to access Yahoo.

Either of those items could be corrupted causing the problem.

Now that you say you can't access using 3 different browsers it could be something else.

Go ahead and delete cookies and the Yahoo Favorites/ Bookmarks.

Once those are deleted, reboot the computer and try accessing your yahoo email by first going to Yahoo and sign in. If successful

and you have signed in then click on mail. If that is successful...set a new bookmark for your Yahoo email.

Be sure to use this link....Yahoo.....to go the Yahoo home page after deleting those items.

EDIT: Fix problems signing in to your Yahoo account | Yahoo Help - SLN2051

Edited by buddy215, 21 June 2018 - 09:04 AM.

#7 MoonPower

MoonPower
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 12:57 PM

buddy215, The problem is not continuous, but sporadic I'd say. And most of the time I can check email by trying a different browser. If I can check my email this way then I am satisfied. I just like to check it two or three times a day and like I said most of the time I can check it okay. I don't understand it, but I'll live with it. And thanks again for your help. 

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,199 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:24 PM

I don't know either what would cause accessing Yahoo email "sporadic". I have Yahoo accounts and never experience that.

If you have the two programs below I suggest you scan using them and allow them to remove, quarantine, clean, etc. whatever

they find.

Malwarebytes   (No need to purchase for it to scan and remove malware and adware)

AdwCleaner  (be sure to click on clean when scan finishes if the scan found anything_)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users