Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Mini 910 Won't Boot Up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MTopete948

MTopete948

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:53 PM

Specifications for the laptop:

Model- Dell Inspiron Mini 910

OS-Windows XP Home

Motherboard Model-SL8YB Main Motherboard M097H

Processor Model-Intel® Atom™ N270

Initially, the laptop could not power on. Further inspection concluded that the ribbon cable for the power button was ripped, therefore, I bought a replacement for it. It now powers on, with only one issue. The laptop doesn't boot into a BIOS or even a splash screen, only showing a white blank screen. I've tried removing and repositioning the SSD and RAM, but it still didn't help. The computer doesn't even beep as it should when removing both the SSD and RAM. To go even further, I tried removing the CMOS battery, draining the power by holding the power button without the battery for 5 mins, then reassembling everything back. Still, the computer boots to just a blank screen. Is there anyone who may be able to help with this? Thank you.

Edited by MTopete948, 10 June 2018 - 12:00 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 muroga

muroga

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:46 PM

Given your description of the power button Id suspect a hardware somewhere even if all the components appear alright. If there are any led lights showing when it powers on that will tell whether its actually powering on, frankly those look like your only real source of information. You could try to rule out other devices like the hdd and the ram by testing them on another machine though I believe the system board is likely the problem since no bios.

#3 MTopete948

MTopete948
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:56 PM

There indeed is an LED light when booting up, connecting an external device powers them on as well. So I'm quite stumped on where this may come from, as the display works fine. But the beeping is the most important part.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users