Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

graphic card won't complete loading the driver software

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dporter1

dporter1

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 09 June 2018 - 09:40 PM

i have a desktop computer i guess it would be custom since it's a Nivida SLI mother board supports three pci-express cards it's got a intel dual core processor 1.60 ghz

and 8gigs of memory just bought a new compatible power supply 850w and my problem is my video card it is a windforce 3 when i boot up the computer there no drivers cause i have not installed them 

i will get them from the website .....anyways the screen has a grid of red pixels i thought maybe it was cause i didn't have enough power thats why i bought the bigger supply.

well i install the drivers from the website it almost completes but no it stops with a code 43 or 46 i forget ...What does this mean?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:14 PM

A quick look at the specs for this video card shows that it supports Win 7, 8.1 and 10 all in both 32 and 64 bit versions. This suggests that it matters that you download the correct drivers version for your OS.

I suggest that you check what OS you are using and whether it is 32 or 64 bit, and then check that you downloaded the appropriate version as a first step.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 dporter1

dporter1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:10 PM

i am absolutely sure i have the right driver...i  had this same problem before with a different computer and different video card when you first boot it up after installing the card it's just using dos  drivers until you driver software that came with the card again the screen had that grid of pixels like dots and would not complete the installation of the drivers almost like the card was not setting in the port correctly but i know it was i have been building systems for some time now

i am pretty good with the hardware but i just don't know whats going on here maybe the card is bad some how i could assume it is bad but i had thing same thing happen before......is it typical for a 500.00 card just go bad all of sudden

my window seven is a 64 bit motherboard EVGA   NFORCE 680I SLI I KNOW IT'S OLD BOARD BUT IT SEEMS TO WORK GOOD ALL THE PCI EXPRESS PORTS WORK WITH MY CURRENT CARD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users