Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings from Penang!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nicholas_Kang

Nicholas_Kang

• Malware Study Hall Junior
  • 274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:47 PM

Hi all, :)

I am a 19-year-old Pre-U college student from Penang, Malaysia about to graduate soon. I am going to university next year. 

I am glad to find out Bleeping Computer and join this community. I came across this website while searching for malware removal tools, and after wandering here for days, I decided to register as a member. 

Before I leave, I have some questions about dual-booting CentOS and Windows 10 on my laptop. Should I start my new topic at the Windows 10 subforum or should I start my new topic at the Linux/UNIX subforum?

Thanks for the kind help. I hope to learn from the experts here and contribute back to the community some days later.  

"When the product is free the real product is YOU."

An offer of free anti-virus or anti-malware software is essentially a marketing techniqueBottom line...it's all about generating revenue and finding new and creative ways to do so. As such, users may have to deal with occasional nagging pop-ups, nuisance advertising and prompts to upgrade to the paid version or purchase other products.

By using such free programs, you are essentially agreeing to the terms of the vendor's service which includes those annoying pop-ups and ads.

Read more here...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:01 PM

Welcome to BC !

As for your question about dual-booting I would raise it in the Linux section. Apart from the fact that they are more accustomed to the idea of dual booting there I believe the general opinion is that Windows should be installed first, then Linux.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users