Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

256 Character Limit issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MasterNe0

MasterNe0

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:55 PM

I am trying to see how to bypass a issue I have with a Mac that syncing to onedrive that can't save files where the location is TOO many characters.
Windows we can get around this by mapping the local folder as a shard folder locally as a network drive with a letter.
Mac I can't seem to do this.

I tried ALIAS, SMB/AFI mounting and CONNECT TO SERVER, same error about it being local and can't connect and to access it locally, permission denied or it just doesn't work when trying to save the folder in the folder path.

Any ideas, I can't rename the folders or files to be shorter.

I need a way to make the path thinks it short enough for me to save the files in the share folders.

I posted this on spiceworks but so far no real answer or workaround.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,244 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 24 June 2018 - 08:47 AM

Actually, OneDrive's character limit is 400.

There are known issues with getting OneDrive to mount on a Mac. Are you using the version from the App Store?

You could check this out:

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/218844/how-can-i-nounct-microsoft-onedrive-as-a-network-drive-in-osx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users