Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

imac hardly ever starts when we want

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 glenchuti

glenchuti

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:19 PM

My daughters imac must have an issue as it hardly ever starts....yes sometimes we are lucky enough and for days on end it will start without any problem with power button press.Then once you press the power button it just will not turn on at all.

I am not a computer expert..total novice i would say,but have googled all over and have tried everything i have seen online.Still when ever it wants it works straight away then other days hours and unplugging and pressing power it turns on.

Any help would be welcomed

tia

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 712 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:10 PM

Try some of these troubleshooting tips.

#3 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,242 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 16 June 2018 - 04:12 PM

How old is the iMac? Might even be a hardware issue with the power button itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users