Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does recording gameplays considered derivative works?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kyle25011193

kyle25011193

• Banned
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:34 AM

I guess?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:05 PM

I have no idea what you guess - but if you are worried about copyright . . .

If you are recording your gameplay so as to improve your play in certain situations then I cannot imagine that anybody could object, it would be little different from using 'Help'.

If you are using it to get 'bragging rights' on a forum devoted to the game, again, I can see little problem as most such sites have at least the implied approval of the game creators.

If you are using it for any form of commercial gain then you are almost certainly open to claims of copyright breach and the best thing would be to seek the approval of the game creators. They may see it as good advertising and say 'Go ahead', they may not !

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users