Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issue upgrading ram (experts help)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jacke0straits

Jacke0straits

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:39 AM

PC:
i5 4460
GTX 1060
1X8GB HyperX fury 1866mhz downclocked at 1600mhz (CL10) (------------ Bought another through Amazon
Motherboard - Asus h81m-k

Issue:

So I have had the Configuration for a while now and didn't face any difficulties until,
Well I decided to upgrade my ram for a config of 2x8gb (Exactly same ram) from Amazon.
So I tried installing both ram on first go with Cmos reset and proper instructions were followed.

It didn't work, my monitor wouldn't detect the PC, even though everything seemed to be running fine. All the Leds , Fans , No bleeps but my monitor would still get no signal. Then I took out the new ram from the motherboard and used the old ram on both (One by one to see if the motherboard slots weren't Faulty) of the two DIMM SLOTS available
and it worked.

Then I tried with only the new ram on both(Again one by one) DIMM SLOTS. Again monitor won't detect the PC.

So its working fine with one (old) ram stick and as soon as the new ram stick enters the picture it just won't detect PC.
I'm stuck with this, help me TECH EXPERTS!
Also I have tried every single method on internet, so please!
I had ordered it on Amazon today!

Also, can I run 2x8gb on this Mother board ? ASUS H81M-K

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:18 AM

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H81MK/specifications/

I can only answer the last question, according to the website, you can run 16gig of DDR3 1600/1333/1066 MHz Non-ECC, un-buffered memory. Kinda sounds like you have some bad ram. There is a way to test it, but I can't remember right now. Someone will come along who will know. Sorry...

"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 Jacke0straits

Jacke0straits
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:25 AM

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H81MK/specifications/

I can only answer the last question, according to the website, you can run 16gig of DDR3 1600/1333/1066 MHz Non-ECC, un-buffered memory. Kinda sounds like you have some bad ram. There is a way to test it, but I can't remember right now. Someone will come along who will know. Sorry...

So I can run 2 sticks right? on both the slots?

And thanks for your response anyway!

Edited by Jacke0straits, 08 June 2018 - 06:26 AM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,884 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:31 AM

Well...your chipset is not listed among those supported, per the Amazon detail.

FWiW;  https://superuser.com/questions/723758/what-to-expect-from-a-h81-motherboard

Louis

#5 Jacke0straits

Jacke0straits
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:59 AM

Well...your chipset is not listed among those supported, per the Amazon detail.

FWiW;  https://superuser.com/questions/723758/what-to-expect-from-a-h81-motherboard

Louis

Thanks louis for your response!

But it should work as single configuration of the ram was working perfectly!

Anyways I have contacted amazon to refund me money and after this is done, Will have to wait for another few days just to get hands at new ram!

(not sure if that would work either)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users