Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intel Graphics Driver Update

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 co1615

co1615

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:17 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to update my graphics driver. I have version 9.17.10.3347. The pc is an HP P6-2326s. I bought it 2nd hand about 4-5yrs ago. I added a HDD & installed Win 8 from HP provided disks. Updated to 8.1. No issues there. Tonight I downloaded the latest driver from HP's site, SP64086.exe. When I try to install it I get a doesn't meet minimum requirements error message (9996).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,659 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:03 AM

This can be caused by not having the .NET Framework support all installed. Check what .NET version(s) are installed, depending on what version the installer needs, if it's looking for Ver 3.x or lower support, Ver 3.5 should be present, if it needs Ver 4.x, the current is 4.7.2

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/install/on-windows-8-1

If both are installed, then that's not going to be the cause.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 co1615

co1615
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:26 AM

I do have 4.7.2558 version installed.

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,659 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:40 AM

Do you have Ver 3.5? That provides support for all .NET versions 3.x and older, 4.7.x only provides support for Ver 4.x

#5 co1615

co1615
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:58 AM

I'll have to check when I get home. If I don't, do I just download that version? I guess I just thought having the latest took care of all .net functions?

#6 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,659 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:32 AM

Follow the link I posted, it has instructions.

Their explanation is:

"The .NET Framework 4.7.2 can be used to run applications built for .NET Framework 4.0 or later."
"The .NET Framework 3.5 supports apps built for .NET Framework 1.0 through 3.5."

#7 co1615

co1615
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:34 AM

Will do. I'll post the results later tonight.

Edited by co1615, 08 June 2018 - 09:34 AM.

#8 co1615

co1615
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:08 PM

OK, I've installed 3.5 & restarted. Tried installing the driver update again, still the same error message.

#9 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:30 PM

I have to ask - why are you trying to install this graphics driver update ?

Are you having graphics driver problems or has your graphics hardware suddenly developed problems ?  As a general rule drivers do not need to be updated so long as they are still working. I would have said that so long as your graphics were working satisfactorily following the 8.1 update leave well enough alone !  The mere fact that a later driver exists is not sufficient reason to install it.

Chris Cosgrove

#10 co1615

co1615
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:48 PM

I want to play a new mod for my favorite game (Supreme Commander Forged Alliance). Here is the link: https://www.moddb.com/mods/loud-ai-supreme-commander-forged-alliance.  "The installer will create a parallel set of files for your Supreme Commander FA installation so that your original game remains untouched, and you can use the installer to not only keep the package updated, but switch easily back and forth between LOUD and your original installation. The updater also acts as a launcher so that you can run your game from the installer after checking for updates."

When I try to run it, I get an error message saying it "failed to create Direct3D. Please ensure system has current video drivers." I can play the original game fine & am not aware of any other video glitches other than being an older system.

#11 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:34 PM

I had a look at the link you supplied and the LOUD modification to this game seems to be fairly well supported both with a forum and a Discord server. You might have more success seeing what your fellow players there have to say, it's always worth asking fellow enthusiasts.

Sorry I can't add anything more to what Platypus said.

Chris Cosgrove

#12 co1615

co1615
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:53 PM

Alright Chris. I appreciate the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users