Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Headphones are seen in the drivers but not the control panel.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stebbinsd

stebbinsd

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:23 PM

I just plugged in my headphones for some private listening. Apparently, the drivers for these headphones got lost, even though they were working just fine a few hours ago.

Urg. Fiiiiine! I wait for the drivers to re-install themselves. This is what the driver installation looks like:

Driver_Software_Installation.png

And yet, this is what my sound devices look like in the control panel:

Audio_Devices.png

As you can see, the Dynex headphones don't show up at all, and as you may have guessed, the audio still comes out of my speakers not my headphones.

When I plug the headphones in, I can hear a "thump" in the headphones. So I have that going for me. Also, the lights on the headphones light up whenever I plug them in.

Changing USB ports doesn't help. Restarting the entire computer doesn't seem to help, either.

If these headphones are physically faulty, then why is the computer recognizing them only insofar as installing the drivers are concerned? Shouldn't it at least see the headphones in the control panel, even if the audio quality may be coming out a bit awkward?

My current build:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P
Processor: AMD FX-8350
RAM: 12GB (2x2GB+8GB)
Video Card: Geforce GTX 750ti

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:39 PM

so leave the playback window open and see if one disappears when you unplug the usb speakers.....

i thinking the one that says "3- usb Audio" is going to be your headphones

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users