Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WIndows 10 Blue screen crash on startup

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 S0ul1984

S0ul1984

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 06 June 2018 - 12:48 AM

HI all,

First of all a bit THANKS goes to all of you who is going to help me or try to help me in solving this problem that I have for months.

I have installed Windows 10 on my PC and everything is fine but sometimes I have this blue screen at start and then PC restarts and gets back to desktop. Here how it happens. I format my Hard Disk, install windows 10 then install all the drivers and updates. The PC will work fine. No problem or blue screen but then the next morning when I turn the PC on BANG the blue screen comes. Then I restart my PC many times, the blue screen does not come. I have a feeling it only happens once when it is started for the first time.

File name when blue screen comes is: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

I did searched internet about this blue screen with this name SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED but people are reporting many type of problems. Hopefully my mini dump file shows more information.

My System specs are as follows:

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X99 

CPU            : Intel I7 5930K

GPU           : Asus Nvidia GTX 1080 TI

RAM           : 2X8GB = 16GB

HD              : SSD Kingston 256 GB

PSU            : Thermaltake 1500 W

Monitor       : Asus PG279Q

The strange thing is I have another SSD + 8 TB hard disk for offline games and it does not happen on that other system. On that System I have windows 7 pro installed. I use to have windows 8.1 and the same problem happened. I feel that windows 8.1 and windows 10 have this problem with the blue screen.

Here is the mini dump file that windows has created. 

Thanks all.

Attached Files

Edited by S0ul1984, 06 June 2018 - 12:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 S0ul1984

S0ul1984
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2018 - 12:56 AM

Looks like the forum is not allowing me to upload the mini dump file. It says I am not permitted to upload this type of file. Any way I can do it?

#3 S0ul1984

S0ul1984
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2018 - 12:58 AM

After reading a thread, I managed to upload the mini dump file.

#4 softwaremaniac

softwaremaniac

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,127 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:23 PM

Hello :) The fact that you formatted, means that hardware is more likely. Start with Hardware testing: http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

#5 S0ul1984

S0ul1984
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:13 PM

Hello :) The fact that you formatted, means that hardware is more likely. Start with Hardware testing: http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

But why does it not happen with Windows 7 that I have in two other Hard disks? I use Windows 7 with SSD and 8 TB hard disk for games. That system never has any blue screens. It can't be hardware.

#6 softwaremaniac

softwaremaniac

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,127 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:57 AM

Aha, only there. Have you tested the drive that has W10 on it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users