Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help, What Driver Do I Need?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 09 October 2006 - 10:08 AM

I downloaded and ran Everest Home and it recommended to update my ATI Radeon7500(RV200) Video Adapter drivers. It also gave me the following address. www.ati.com/support/driver.html .

I went to the address and found that the first link (Catalyst 6.9 Windows XP - Driver download) seemed to be the one and opened up a new page. At the top of this page was a list of supported products and a little further down was a list of unsupported products among which I found the link for the Radeon 7500.

I clicked on this link and it took me to a page with the download Catalyst 6.9 Windows XP - Driver download. It also says I should have XP SP2 installed and Microsoft .NET Framework. I have SP2 but how do I find out if I have .NET. I am now confused and not being very PC technical don't want to mess up anything on my PC Graphics card.

Would one of you clever chaps be kind enough to give me a little mini tutorial on what I need to do to update my drivers.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 09 October 2006 - 10:11 AM

At the top of the page there is a tab for ttutorials http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/

If you can click on it or go to the link provided and you should find what you need to direct you properly

Have a good day

#3 bluesjunior

bluesjunior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2006 - 10:15 AM

I need to know which driver to install first ThorXP.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

#4 fleamailman

fleamailman

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 09 October 2006 - 01:04 PM

runbox command
- press: winkey + r button
- paste: devmgmt.cpl
- press: enter
- double click on video icon
- double click on one that has just opened
write down details

runbox command
- press: winkey + r button
- paste: iexplore
- paste in address: www.ati.com/support/driver.html
use the details you have written for search, or find email contact on site, or telephone directly
everyday is a gift

#5 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 09 October 2006 - 05:33 PM

I have SP2 but how do I find out if I have .NET. I am now confused and not being very PC technical don't want to mess up anything on my PC Graphics card.

The .NET framework can be installed from your Windows XP SP2 installation disc. I believe it's under the "Additional Tasks" button on the autorun menu (I can't remember exactly what it's called right now).

Once installed, run MS Update to see if it's up-to-date.

(You can also download it from [url="http://"http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en'"]this web page[/url]}

#6 bluesjunior

bluesjunior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:12 AM

Problem solved, installed and updated. Thanks to all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users