Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

videos dont work on facebook and twitter but youtube and netflix work fine

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 idkwhatswrong

idkwhatswrong

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:58 AM

okk  so i have a windows 7 sony vaio laptop and like videos dont really work llieke on facebook or twitter or like the movie sites i used too watch. like they play sound but the screen is just black. videos work fine on youtube and like netflix but ive found mostly everything else doesnt work. Whats wrong and how can i fix it? (in english, im not good with computers)

Edited by hamluis, 05 June 2018 - 03:45 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,744 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:44 PM

The most likely culprit is Flash. Because of its notorious security problems browsers like Firefox and Chrome have stopped supporting Flash in favour of the more modern and secure HTML5 standard. If the videos you are trying to watch are built using Flash these browsers will not let you watch them, or only under protest and warnings ! Yutube and Netflix both offer their video in HTML5.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users