Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

asus dsl-n14ub1 router config to work with 2 isps and airGateway

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cyberfruits

cyberfruits

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:42 AM

Hi
I got a asus dsl-n14ub1router which is connected to originbroadband adsl via telephone(1mb), which is very slow and unreliable. i am keeping this for another 4 month. i know have got community wireless broadband with its own "modem" (30mb speed)with just one Ethernet port, i am using a switch to connect other computers to the modem/router called airGateway.
my question is can i use the the asus dsl-n14ub1 to act like a router and also, can it connect, at the same time ,to both isps, eg combine them, bundle so to get more out of them and provide backup, if one goes down and to connect all computers together on same net work? or at least use it for being able to connect to all of my computers which some are using the originbroadband connection via the network, so some are run from one modem/router airgateway some are from the other and i wish to be able to transfer files freely between them, so need to ling the 2 separate networks together.
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:01 PM

No, The Asus router is designed for DSL. It will not connect to the Community Wifi or act as a repeater. 

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users