Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 10 Mouse Freezes Momentarily

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bagpipe

bagpipe

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:16 AM

Posted 27 May 2018 - 04:44 PM

A few months back after an update the wireless mouse on my HP Pavilion 15 Notebook stopped moving smoothly.  It starts moving but then momentarily stops before moving again.  This repeats itself the whole time its turned making it very frustrating to use.  I've tried plugging a wired mouse in and the same thing happens.  The touchpad also does the same.  I've done all the updates to windows and the mouse driver (Logitech M205 Mouse) and am now at a loss for what to do next.

Any help appreciated

Mike

Edited by hamluis, 05 June 2018 - 01:02 PM.
Moved from Crashes/BSoDs to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,209 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:52 PM

You don't say you have done this, but if you have - apologies !

I would uninstall the mouse drivers completely. Device manager - HID compliant mouse, double click on any entries to bring up the Properties dialogue, then 'Drivers - Uninstall'. You will get a warning or two, accept them, uninstall, then re-boot. Windows will install new drivers when it boots. The only thing is you will need to use the keyboard to shut down as your mouse will have stopped working !

We have three logitech wireless mice, on computers running Win 7, 8.1 and 10 as well as two of them running Linux in dual-boot and I have never to my knowledge installed a Logitech driver, just used whatever drivers Window found for them where it needed to.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 bagpipe

bagpipe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:44 AM

Thanks for the reply Chris.

No I hadn't done that but have now but it hasn't solved the problem.  I didn't mention in my 1st post that the touch pad is doing the same thing as well.  When I uninstalled the mouse driver the Touchpad was still working as I used it to reboot.  Also I have tried using a wired mouse and it did the same thing.

Do you have any other suggestions to try ?

Thanks

Mike

Edited by bagpipe, 07 June 2018 - 03:48 AM.

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,209 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:04 PM

One possible cause I saw for this sort of problem is wireless interference, but that wouldn't affect the wired mouse which you say has the same problems. About the only thing left I can think of is to try it in a different USB socket.

I would have to say that my experience with Logitech wireless mice has been uniformly good, slightly better than that of their keyboards !  The mouse my wife uses in her Win 10 laptop was originally paired with a keyboard which died, but the mouse soldiers on.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users