Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I want to buy a gaming pc, but need help/advice..

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 -FireBlazer-

-FireBlazer-

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:58 AM

Some people say to me (PC Gaming is dying out..) is this true?
Should i buy a gaming pc? .. (Yes and Why..?)
My friends first had an Console, they all moved to PC Gaming, and never looked back to Console, now they love PC, should i do the same.. (Yes and Why..?)
What is better for gaming (AMD or Intel) or does it not matter anymore these days? because people say to me AMD is garbage because it come's very hot if you game.. lol
Iknow console's like (PS4, XBox one etc..) are both running on AMD Processors.. :/
My budget is 400-750 dollar, any suggestions for a good budget pc?
Any help/tips are welcome! :)
Cheers!

Edited by -FireBlazer-, 04 June 2018 - 12:30 PM.
Moved from Computer Gaming to Buying New - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:02 AM

Gaming on a PC is not dead!  There is nothing like a decent sized screen and good speakers, one heck of a lot better then looking at a pad or smaller screen with just Ok sound.  There are several options for a machine, I would Google the tests.  Then if you waqnt post your ideas up here a few of the members are hard core and will give the best input.

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 eClySe

eClySe

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:20 PM

Some people say to me (PC Gaming is dying out..) is this true?

NO!!! The only reason people even buy console is due to convenience, or console exclusive games.

Should i buy a gaming pc? .. (Yes and Why..?)

Yes, if you think you will be trying a lot of different games. It will be cheaper in the long run. But if you prefer to play a select number of games, console might be ok (not really, haha)

My friends first had an Console, they all moved to PC Gaming, and never looked back to Console, now they love PC, should i do the same.. (Yes and Why..?)

'cause PC is the best gaming platform, hence PC MASTER RACE.

What is better for gaming (AMD or Intel) or does it not matter anymore these days? because people say to me AMD is garbage because it come's very hot if you game.. lol

I've never used AMD, but from what I heard, Intel was much better then but it doesn't really matter right now.

#4 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,349 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2018 - 06:51 AM

I say wait until next year before making a PC choice or buy, this year we still have high GPU prices and high RAM prices to deal with.

Next year there will be new GPU's from both AMD and Nvidia to choose from so better just wait.

Better off building your own PC to be honest, as you will get a better rig that way.

I mean yeah you can build right now but 2019 will be a big game changer thanks to AMD possibly making a GPU on the level of the 1080 for only $250

Trust me it will be worth the wait.

Edited by MadmanRB, 05 June 2018 - 06:56 AM.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

8spxh0-6.png

#5 eClySe

eClySe

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 05 June 2018 - 09:12 AM

This isn't too reliable because I didn't check references, but I did read an article about how the prices of GPU will be lowered. The price lowering is supposedly due to Nvidia deciding to make dedicated hardware for bitcoin mining, thus reducing demand for GPUs. Although I have no idea when it will actually be lowered, I think the reduced price won't actually be very significant.

#6 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,349 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:12 AM

Yeah the mining craze is still effecting how GPU's are priced, sure most have come down in price but they are still more than what they should be.

Memory on the other hand may have a chance to come down thanks to the investigation in price gouging going on.

Edited by MadmanRB, 05 June 2018 - 10:15 AM.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

8spxh0-6.png

#7 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,502 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:39 AM

This isn't too reliable because I didn't check references, but I did read an article about how the prices of GPU will be lowered. The price lowering is supposedly due to Nvidia deciding to make dedicated hardware for bitcoin mining, thus reducing demand for GPUs. Although I have no idea when it will actually be lowered, I think the reduced price won't actually be very significant.

Well, Bitcoin mining has moved to ASIC's long time ago. Nobody mines Bitcoins with GPU any more.

But because Bitcoin value is on steady decline, other cryptocurrencies will suffer also. That reduces GPU mining.

My budget is 400-750 dollar, any suggestions for a good budget pc?

Not problem but I need answers to those questions https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226685/how-to-use-this-forum-and-receive-advice-on-purchasing-a-new-computer/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users