Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I don't understand how to register on FB

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 RabbitComputer

RabbitComputer

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 04 June 2018 - 05:21 AM

I entered my name, then email, after that appeared a phone verification, I enter a phone number then the page only reloaded and then again the same "enter your phone". So I can't remove that page and start using it. I can't even connect with support, because I can't open a support page. All the time phone verification page. Please, if you know, tell me what happened? My friend registered a year ago without any phone verifications. But I entered the phone number, but it doesn't accept it and reloads again and again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:21 AM

Welcome to BC....

Can your phone receive text messages?

What country are you in?

Edited by buddy215, 04 June 2018 - 06:23 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 RabbitComputer

RabbitComputer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2018 - 10:19 AM

I don't accept messages, because the page reloads every time I click "Send Code"

Edited by RabbitComputer, 04 June 2018 - 10:19 AM.

#4 RabbitComputer

RabbitComputer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2018 - 10:25 AM

But there is one "but". This is the second time my phone number was used for registration. Maybe because of this? Maybe fb established a new rule that the number can be used only once? But is that really so?

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,319 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:36 AM

According to the below info you can use an email address in lieu of a phone number. Have you tried doing that?

Confirm Your Email or Mobile Phone Number
To finish creating an account, you need to confirm that you own the email or mobile phone number that you used to create the account:
  • To confirm your mobile number, enter the code you get via text message (SMS) in the Confirm box that shows up when you log in. Learn what to do if you didn't get the SMS.
  • To confirm your email, click or tap the link in the email you got when you created the account. Learn what to do if you can't find the email.
Confirming your email or mobile number helps us know that we're sending your account info to the right place.
Note: Please confirm your email or mobile number as soon as possible. You may not be able to use your account until you confirm your email or mobile number.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 RabbitComputer

RabbitComputer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2018 - 05:16 PM

Yes, I confirmed by e-mail. Then all the time I see a page "Comfirm your mobile", I enter a number and click "Send code", then page reloads, and again "Enter your number to confim". All the time the same page.. Seems like it ignores my number or what?

Edited by RabbitComputer, 04 June 2018 - 05:18 PM.

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,319 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:01 PM

The way I read the instructions is that you do not need to confirm a phone number if you have done so with an email address.

Are you able to access the Facebook account? I would not give a phone number to any social media....especially Facebook.

Facebook is well known for sharing its members info with just about anyone who pays them and a lot who don't.

#8 RabbitComputer

RabbitComputer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:16 AM

I completely agree with you. I'm excited myself. That's why I ask. I would rather ask their support forum, but because of that annoying page I can't open even a forum. :(   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users