Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 home PC "Cant login suddenly "Domain does not exist"

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Pajajn

Pajajn

• Members
  • 364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 03 June 2018 - 05:31 PM

So from being a home user PC laptop connected to wireless ethernet working just fine 5 minutes before when watching Youtube. To later on being a complete mess just rebooted and it says

"The Specific domain either does not exist or could not be contacted"

Accounts that i can choose is my primary which is titled "User Account" with my custom profile picture/avatar and "Other user"
Whenever i type something and press enter the domain error appears.

Have tried booted F8 and accessing GPEDIT with command promt but don't know what variable to change to force this pc out from domain (for whatever reason it even began being part of one??)

HELP

Edited by hamluis, 03 June 2018 - 06:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,871 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:39 PM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):

post-33068-0-86653600-1480692866_thumb.j

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot.

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the ADD REPLY or REPLY TO THIS TOPIC button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Louis

#3 Pajajn

Pajajn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 364 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2018 - 01:51 AM

Hamluis Thanks you för the fast reply. But how am i supposed to do your steps when i cant login?

I can acess command promt in "Repair menu". is There anything i can do?

I Always had autologin on my account "User account" but it seems windows started treating my local login as domain only.

I tried edit GPEDIT and enable admin account but administrator login is not possible or im doing it wrong.

this PC is a standard Home pc only used for backup and stuff. help?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,871 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2018 - 10:49 AM

Have you tried booting into safe mode with networking?

Info.

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 04 June 2018 - 10:49 AM.

#5 Pajajn

Pajajn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 364 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2018 - 12:21 PM

Have you tried booting into safe mode with networking?

Info.

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

Yes tested "Last good configuration (advanced)"
Tested "Safe Mode with command promt"
"Safe Mode with networking"

"The Specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted". And ive ALWAYS had autologin from start with no password. Private networking configured firewall and wifi access workstation classed PC. How this PC suddenly became part of a domain which does not exist anyway?! is beyond my knowledge since i used it right before it went bananas. Just went outside and then to sleep and next day when resumed sleep mode this strange domain does not exist error appears

Is there anyway with Regedit / Command promt to disable domain for my "User Account" :bounce:?
Im thinking of connecting the laptop with ethernet cable directly to the router will that work?

Edited by Pajajn, 04 June 2018 - 12:23 PM.

#6 Pajajn

Pajajn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 364 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2018 - 12:23 PM

Dell Latitude E5540 , Windows 7 Home x64

#7 Pajajn

Pajajn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 364 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2018 - 01:10 PM

I tried Command Promt now also

net config workstation  -> Y
The workstation service could not be started
System error
System error 2 has occured
The System cannot find the file specified.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
AutoAdminLogon add string and set value to "1"

If i do type "Net user" the only accounts which shows are
Administrator

But when starting PC Repair Mode -> the account it logs onto is "ASUS" with no password required (admin privilegies)
Tried wmic NTDomain get DomainName without any results

But isnt this strange? :radioactive: schouldnt my "User Account" or account named "ASUS" show up when typed net user  :smash: 

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,871 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2018 - 01:19 PM

I can't tell "what will work" any more than the man in the moon can.  To prescribe a solution to anything...one must be aware of what the problem is and how to overcome it.

I myself would be concerned about anything indicating that I'm now a member of a domain when I previously was not.  I'd be thinking "malware".

Louis

#9 Pajajn

Pajajn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 364 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2018 - 02:17 PM

I can't tell "what will work" any more than the man in the moon can.  To prescribe a solution to anything...one must be aware of what the problem is and how to overcome it.

I myself would be concerned about anything indicating that I'm now a member of a domain when I previously was not.  I'd be thinking "malware".

Louis

Hamluis ,   The only thing that i can think of is that ive used

https://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=security/madmacs-mac-spoofer

With dic.txt (dictionary) to change computer name and MAC adress of wireless NIC (spoof) each windows restart/logon. I then just removed the wireless internet and reconnected, ran CCleaner from Pirisoft latest version and then watched some youtube and restarted the pc and came up with the error about "domain".

Is there any way to disable/forcedisable domain login since even though i try to login to Administrator i came up with that message.

#10 Pajajn

Pajajn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 364 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2018 - 03:41 PM

Update :bounce: :clapping:
I was able to mount the internal harddrive of corrupted PC with PartedMagic created USB Live stick made with Rufus
Moving over all files to an external HDD as we speak. Last ran programs were Privazer but i highly doubt that it would cause this harm. Ive ran it on all my machines for as long as the company been active and never had any issues like this.

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,871 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2018 - 03:48 PM

Well...let's see if it all works out.  Let us know. .

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 04 June 2018 - 03:49 PM.

#12 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 04 June 2018 - 04:54 PM

Have you thought about using System Restore to restore the system to a date/time prior to this incident?

You can run that from the Command Prompt or from a Windows installation CD/DVD/USB that you can create one if you don't have one - everybody should have one.

If you think fiddling with the registry is a potential solution we all know that Windows 7 makes a backup of the registry every 10 days so you could check that backup and if it predates this incident, restore that version of the registry (after making a copy of the current registry just in case).

Do you need to know how to do any of those things?

Edited by joseibarra, 04 June 2018 - 04:54 PM.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users