Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Women's Birthdays

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 killmypc

killmypc

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 09 October 2006 - 08:20 AM

Hey yall,

My wife is about to have her 35th in Dec.
I have been under the impression that this is a big one...(as is 39,40...etc.....etc...........) :thumbsup:
She says it's not (of course), but I want to plan something good if this is truely a 'landmark' birthday.

What do yall think? :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2006 - 12:59 PM

she'll always be 29
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 09 October 2006 - 02:06 PM

As someone who is about to hit the legal drinking age, I can't say for sure. :thumbsup:

But, since I am a woman, a word of advice: don't do or say anything to make her feel too much 'older' and you should be okay. From what I've seen, after a certain point, women hate to age! Just plan something fun, that makes her feel young. That should make her happy. :flowers:

And yes, 29 is a good age to be at forever. :trumpet:

#4 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 09 October 2006 - 02:31 PM

You can't go wrong making every birthday special for her - gentle smile - but usually it's '40' and then '50' that are the biggies. But, that said, if your wife feels her 35th is a special one, then it is for her - honestly!

Lots of choices - friends bringing food the old fashioned 'pot luck' style and you providing the drinks and balloons and fresh flowers and a cake, of course. Or a wonderful romantic 'dinner out'. All sorts of choices but it's a rare women who doesn't appreciate anything a man she loves does to make her day extra special.

On a personal note, I read the words, (Quote) "From what I've seen, after a certain point, women hate to age". (Unquote). And sadly that may be true for some. For myself, when I was 29 I thought it was great - and 39 and 49 too! Grin! After all, the alternative to aging leaves a lot to be desired!

Have a wonderful time on your wife's birthday, 'killmypc' - a man who takes the time to wonder about his wife's feelings is a winner already!
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#5 killmypc

killmypc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:49 AM

Thanks yall,

I thought women were '39' Forever... :thumbsup:

I have probably spoiled her already, I take flowers to her at work, and Starbucks of course! Dinner out is just part of it.But I guess I will wait for 40 to get her good!
She sure got me good on my 40th. I came back from fishing with a buddy (who was in on it btw) to find about 30 people in the back yard yelling SURPRISE! And LOTS of 'over the hill' stuff. All that was missing was the 'comb-over' wig! :flowers: Then she took me out in the country for a weekend at a B&B, it was great! :trumpet:
I want to do somthing similar for her, but I will have a much harder time keeping it a secret.

Thanks again

#6 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 11 October 2006 - 02:31 AM

Sounds like you had a great time on your 30th, killmypc! Isn't it odd how men can seem to cope with the standard 'over the hill' jokes but it'd be a near-fatal mistake to do it to a woman - hoot!
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#7 killmypc

killmypc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:35 AM

Sounds like you had a great time on your 30th, killmypc! Isn't it odd how men can seem to cope with the standard 'over the hill' jokes but it'd be a near-fatal mistake to do it to a woman - hoot!

You got that right!

I'd be better off playing on the freeway!! :thumbsup:

#8 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:32 AM

If it was me killmypc I would love a dinner out, and for a present a necklace or ring.. you can't ever go wrong with jewelry IMHO hehehe
Nothing extravagant but something she can have from you.. that's where the value comes in. The fact that you took time to choose something for HER, you know?

Just my 2 cents.. :thumbsup:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#9 killmypc

killmypc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:47 AM

I have decided to have a surprise party for her. :thumbsup: I have been trying to contact her long time friends, hope they can make it!!

Main rule: NO OLD JOKES!! :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users