Jump to content


 


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.


Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSODs at first, now just intermittent audio/mouse stuttering


  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 psychosoda

psychosoda

  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 02 June 2018 - 08:53 PM

I'm really exhausted about this problem, because in some form, it's existed since I first got the computer. There was, however, a healthy stretch of about four months where it was fine.

 

Unfortunately, I can't quite get back there. At first, earlier this week, I had BSODs. I tried driver verifier, and BlueScreenView and WhoCrashed told me it was BIOSTAR I/O. I assumed it was my BIOS driver, so I flashed it to the newest version from the mobo website. I've stopped the BSODs from happening, but now I get intermittent mouse and audio stuttering. No high temps or resource load. My power settings are set to max--min processor state 100, max 100.

 

 

I've attached the SysnativeFileCollectionApp of the BSOD that came up when I did driver verifier again today. In BlueScreenView and WhoCrashed, it seems to believe it is once again the BIOSTAR I/O driver causing an issue.

 

Should I just replace my motherboard? Is that maybe an inaccurate diagnosis? I found a bud elsewhere who had scarily similar issues, but he ended up disabling Fast Boot (after having done it in a previous step and finding it turned itself on during his diagnostics) and everything was back to normal. I already went back and forth there. Didn't fix anything.

 

Speccy: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/d6R6afw0xPIagnt7TaUHQ7z

 

Attached File  SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip   1.48MB   0 downloads



BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

 


#2 psychosoda

psychosoda
  • Topic Starter

  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 02 June 2018 - 09:18 PM

I also want to point out that the BSODs only ended up occuring after updating several drivers through SDI. I would've loved to go back and restore to the point before, but unfortunately, I screwed up, worked too fast through solutions, and ended up losing the restore point somehow (possibly driver verifier triggering system restore when it crashed).

 

This is why I think it's some kind of driver issue, because my PC was working (sort of) fine before that. I had noticed once-weekly invisible BSoDs appear in Reliability Monitor, but other than that, I was getting 100% goodness.

 

EDIT: Tried uninstalling and reinstalling chipset drivers through AMD program from mobo website. Throughout this whole process, it was triggering the audio/mouse stutter like crazy. We'll see how it goes now? I have my doubts as usual.

 

EDIT2: More stuff: I get a bunch of distributedCOM errors in my event viewer, repeats of these two:

 

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239}
 and APPID
{316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97}
 to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

 

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}
 and APPID
{4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}
 to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.


Edited by psychosoda, 02 June 2018 - 11:07 PM.


#3 psychosoda

psychosoda
  • Topic Starter

  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 03 June 2018 - 02:21 PM

So I believe I fixed it. Just wanted to post my own solution in case someone came across this:

 

I had both AMD SATA controller and Standard SATA AHCI Controller on. Inspired by an obscure reply on a thread I can't even find now, I disabled the AMD SATA controller, and I haven't experienced the lag since, with LatencyMon confirming 6 hours now without lag, which used to happen every 15-20 minutes. I might not be out of the woods yet (and I'm scared to re-enable and cross-check), but it was a fairly jarring disable (it fuzzed out on me as I disabled it) and have had zero incidents so far.

 

It may be the case that I need to reinstall the drivers from AMD, but I don't think anyone would blame me for just sitting on this status quo and calling it a win.


Edited by psychosoda, 03 June 2018 - 02:24 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users